Where is your utopia

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Where is your utopia #11  
Where ever it snows good.... :thumbsup: snowytrees70.jpg

/ Where is your utopia #12  
My utopia is right here where I live now and have lived all my life. Mainly because my family and friends live here.

My two daughters and 5 grandchildren live nearby and my mom and my brothers and sisters live nearby.

My wife would never, ever consider moving away from our grandchildren.

/ Where is your utopia #13  
Born/lived in Virginia all our life (68me,66 wife). We love it. Like Steppy said, the scenery & mountains.
Parts of West Virginia very nice also. Lots of beautiful areas. Living with a few million people around would drive us looney! I do like living within 20 minutes or so of nice restaurants, hospital, grocery, home improvement stores.RESIZE_1200px_has-CR-name-in-properties-Sharp-Top-credit-DNC.jpg

/ Where is your utopia #14  
Love it where I live, too. The original habitants were hard working, honest people. Weve been overrun by some real jerks and arrogant punks from the cities in the last 20 years. Big city ideas and taxes came with them, too. Its degraded our local culture and changed our area for the worse. Seems like wherever you go, theyve muscled their way into positions of authority, too. Now we have McMansions on 1 acre lots and German sports cars in the local HS student parking lots and running down the middle of all our once quaint back roads.
But it’s a 4-season area....we got cold and snow and all the other junk you get up north.....the good and the bad.
I feel like life would be so much easier waaaay down south. No winter, cheaper everything, lower taxes and at least in my opinion, nicer people.

/ Where is your utopia #15  
We have the same debate, I like it were we are in the SE corner, cool winters, warm summers with a few hot days, relatively low humidity, the further north you go the hotter and more humid it gets and the nastier the wildlife, inland is just too hot and not near anything, real estate prices vary accordingly but we just sold our 5 acres with a small 3 BR brick house for just shy of AU$1m, moving down the coast to 38 acres and a 4 BR home about 17km from a regional city for AU$700k, no services except electricity but that's not a problem.
OK we have some nasties like snakes, spiders, mother in laws cooking etc but we don't have bears or skunks and the nasties don't go looking for you but you generally find them when you are not expecting it and I'll wager that is universal.
The good things are offset by the bad things and somewhere in that mix is your compromise/utopia.

/ Where is your utopia #16  
We began looking at property the last couple months. Looked in Northern Fla and a little bit in S Carolina as well as northern GA. We are looking for somewhere that has relatively "warm" winters ...no snow..and I can deal with the summer heat with no problems. We are looking for a area that the local govt is not hammering home owners on taxes, has a low crime rate and low traffic. ...any good areas come to mind ?

I just read an article that said FL has the most to offer for people retiring and not paying a lot to live there. I forget the other states except South Dakota. I didn't realize it was so affordable to live there, and that kind of interests me.

My Utopia place to live will have mountains, aspen trees and elk in the area, preferably in my back pasture. But that's now a place where I feel I can make a living. I looked at quite a few places to move to and be able to make a decent living without being in a big city, and Tyler TX met all my requirements. It was a good choice, I just wish we has more elevation changes in the land here and taxes where lower.

/ Where is your utopia #18  
attachment.php

Attachments

• 0587C9B6-8311-4DDD-8827-846FCCC9D300.jpeg
    0587C9B6-8311-4DDD-8827-846FCCC9D300.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 234
   / Where is your utopia #19  
But seriously, we'd like a small house on a small no-wake lake in southern Michigan.

/ Where is your utopia
I just read an article that said FL has the most to offer for people retiring and not paying a lot to live there. I forget the other states except South Dakota. I didn't realize it was so affordable to live there, and that kind of interests me.

My Utopia place to live will have mountains, aspen trees and elk in the area, preferably in my back pasture. But that's now a place where I feel I can make a living. I looked at quite a few places to move to and be able to make a decent living without being in a big city, and Tyler TX met all my requirements. It was a good choice, I just wish we has more elevation changes in the land here and taxes where lower.

We were in South Dakota a couple years ago. Beautiful areas for sure....winter not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.