Where is the Power beyond port on a TC loader valve?

/ Where is the Power beyond port on a TC loader valve? #1  

jjbath

Silver Member
Tractor
TC35
I have a TC55 but I think the loader valve would be the same on other TC's like the TC40, TC35 etc...

Does anyone have a picture or diagram?

I bought the W.R. Long 3rd function valve and would like to install it this weekend. Want to make sure I don't destroy my hyd. pump

/ Where is the Power beyond port on a TC loader valve? #2  
If you have a factory loader, the power beyond port is already in use. It's what is feeding the rest of your hydraulics: 3PH, remotes, etc. You won't destroy your hydraulics if you are after the diverter valve and pressure regulator. They have a system relief valve that sets pressure and regulates overall system pressure. You'll need to open the line coming from the "pb" port on your loader valve. and route it to the input to your 3rd function valve. Route the output of your 3rd function valve to the remaining part of the line you opened. Then route the working ports of the 3rd function valve forward to the 3rd function QDs.

/ Where is the Power beyond port on a TC loader valve?
If you have a factory loader, the power beyond port is already in use. It's what is feeding the rest of your hydraulics: 3PH, remotes, etc. You won't destroy your hydraulics if you are after the diverter valve and pressure regulator. They have a system relief valve that sets pressure and regulates overall system pressure. You'll need to open the line coming from the "pb" port on your loader valve. and route it to the input to your 3rd function valve. Route the output of your 3rd function valve to the remaining part of the line you opened. Then route the working ports of the 3rd function valve forward to the 3rd function QDs.

That's basically what the instructions say. It says to remove the pb line to the list valve. Then use the included hoses to contact the 3rd function in between. I was trying to find out which line it is. I haven't taken anything apart to check but I was told it should be marked on the valve as PB.

/ Where is the Power beyond port on a TC loader valve? #4  
That's exactly right. Look for the marked PB port. Don't gamble on a photo, use the valve's markings and know for sure you are doing the right thing.:)

That's exactly right. Look for the marked PB port. Don't gamble on a photo, use the valve's markings and know for sure you are doing the right thing.:)

Thanks. I'm hoping to get to it over the weekend. I'll let you know how I make out

I started to tackle the 3rd function install today. When I pulled the cover off of the loader valve I found that there is not marking for the power beyond port. I think I know which one it is from the parts diagrams on partsspring.com but I'm not 100% sure. I believe its number 16 in the attached link?

Can anyone confirm just for my peace of mind?

http://www.partspring.com/media/cat...a9c230972d/Compact-Tractors/TC55DA/410609.jpg

/ Where is the Power beyond port on a TC loader valve? #7  
Power beyond is whatever pipe from the loader valve that hooks to the port marked #7 on the diverter as shown below. This would be be the best place to insert your 3rd function valve. Read the text for a full understanding of the diverter and its operation.

251206d1329055308-tc45-diverter-block-leak-hydraulicdiverter-01.jpg

Power beyond is whatever pipe from the loader valve that hooks to the port marked #7 on the diverter as shown below. This would be be the best place to insert your 3rd function valve. Read the text for a full understanding of the diverter and its operation.

View attachment 351764

Jim,

Thanks for that diagram.

I actually installed the valve this weekend and I did use that port. I don't have anything to hook to it yet to test it. Still trying to decide which attachment to buy. Either a Danuser EP6 auger or a root grapple?

/ Where is the Power beyond port on a TC loader valve? #9  
In the picture is this the hardline that you removed to hook up your 3rd function valve?

TC40.jpg

In the picture is this the hardline that you removed to hook up your 3rd function valve?

View attachment 424404

Mine was under the brake pedals and there was already a rubber hose with a quick connect in place. The previous owner had a backhoe. So they did most of the hard work.