Where info on 4 in 1?

/ Where info on 4 in 1? #11  
Richard,

Every local dealer I have talked to has switched from Bradco to Woods for hoes because none of their customers can justify the extra cost, and the Woods 9000 is a pretty beefy hoe.

/ Where info on 4 in 1?
Went to Carver's site today and looked at the photos of buckets, are there any substantial advantages of the grapple bucket over the 4 in 1 or vice/versa?

I guess it depends on what you are doing and that isn't wholly known, as we'll be doing a variety of things. One of them, the lumbermen have devestated the ~170 acres of woods that they are currently "selectively" clearing out. I can see where the grapple bucket would work great to scoop and grab fallen tree debris, but I suspect the 4/1 would be ok to and maybe have other advantages...

Oh the anguish of ignorance. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Once (and ultimately "IF") a machine is had, I desire to clean up the woods, we are going to be landscaping an acre or so around the house, gravel roads, "mud" roads...clean out small pond that is currently dried up, drainage ditches etc..

If 4/1 is bought initally, can I presume it is "swap-able" with the grapple bucket that could be purchased later and use the same hookups?

For anyone presuming, yes, I am one of those retentive types that has to know ALL the details on everything before I can buy. Usually drive the salesmen nuts, so I try to not impose on them too much, which is one reason I think this place/group is so interesting/valuable.

Hmmmmm, guess the above comment implies that I don't mind imposing here huh? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Regards,
Richard

/ Where info on 4 in 1? #13  
Richard,

You are not imposing, you ask and we all learn. When you find out everything, you share with us and we learn more./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Where info on 4 in 1? #14  
Richard - I did misunderstand the source of your comments on how many installations the various dealers had done, but no matter. As you said, written communication is a lot better than nothing - it sometimes leaves a little to be desired, but usually very little!

I don't have a grapple bucket and can't comment too much on it, other than to say that I consider it to be a much more "special purpose" tool than a standard 4-in-1 bucket is. If you were primarily going to be using to move brush already cut down by some other means, it would be very handy, otherwise the 4-in-1 wins hands down.

And yes, you could use the same connections for either bucket, but you might have to have some extension hoses made up to accomodate fittings being in different places, or something equally trivial.

Mark