Where do you source Hydraulic cylinders?

/ Where do you source Hydraulic cylinders? #1  

RobertEH

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT235HE
I picked up a used Brush-hog back blade (70-07). I want to add a Hydraulic cylinder to the blade so I can hook it up to one of the remotes on my LS M235HE.

Where do folks go to buy cylinders? (I am a new tractor owner so I don't have a lot of resources bookmarked yet!)

I did try my dealer and he said he was not able to locate one.

Photo below of what I am trying to do (min and max lengths are noted - and I know I will need to drop the pins and remove the struts on the right side!)

20220808_130050.jpg

/ Where do you source Hydraulic cylinders?
Also, I assume I would want something like 15-25 give or take an inch so that it is not slamming up against the stops on the attachment when fully extended or retracted.

/ Where do you source Hydraulic cylinders? #5  
+1 Surplus Center or Baileys

/ Where do you source Hydraulic cylinders? #6  
Both sources suggested in the posts above are fine.

But know this, You will NEVER find a cylinder that matches those retracted/extended numbers.
(13/27) end fittings take up room.

Just settle for the best match.

My blade has a screw type adjuster. , works for all I need, though at times I swap sides to better match big offsets.

/ Where do you source Hydraulic cylinders?
Greatly appreciated!

I figured I would not locate the perfect size. I am guessing that if I am limited to a ten inch stroke, something in the 15 to 16 inch total retracted length should work.

Some seem to be rated for PSI (e.g. 3000 psi). I don't see PSI listed on my tractor as a specification. Any thoughts on how to figure out a minimum PSI rating for a hydraulic system?

/ Where do you source Hydraulic cylinders? #8  
Most tractors run operate about 2500psi. If you can't find data online, look at the hoses. They generally have a label on them and are probably 3000psi. That would confirm you can get a 3000 psi cylinder. Depending what you're using the blade for you may see some pressure spikes. You may need to look at a cross over relief valve depending on your application.

/ Where do you source Hydraulic cylinders? #9  
Greatly appreciated!

I figured I would not locate the perfect size. I am guessing that if I am limited to a ten inch stroke, something in the 15 to 16 inch total retracted length should work.

Some seem to be rated for PSI (e.g. 3000 psi). I don't see PSI listed on my tractor as a specification. Any thoughts on how to figure out a minimum PSI rating for a hydraulic system?
Higher the better for psi. Your tractors pump won't over pressurize it....but the tractive force of the tractor acting upon the cylinder with the leverage of the blade. Larger diameter and higher rating keeps the imposed pressure on the system down

/ Where do you source Hydraulic cylinders? #10  
Handiest thing is a hydraulic top link. So easy now for back blade angle, bush hog, etc.