Where Do You Guys Mount Your Shovel and Rake

/ Where Do You Guys Mount Your Shovel and Rake #1  

drizler

Platinum Member
You just gotta have a shovel and rake when working in the dirt, at least I do. I used to have a piece of 2" pipe welded across the arms of my ancient POS 230 Farmall. Not like I am going to do that sort of thing to my new one. So with an open station rig like I have on the picture in my avitar what's out there and where can you mount a couple mounts for a shovel and rake. I can carry one or the other in the bucket of the back hoe but both won't fit and stay put. Otherwise there isn't much space to put anything:confused:

/ Where Do You Guys Mount Your Shovel and Rake #2  
Vertical tubes on the loader mount.

Bruce

/ Where Do You Guys Mount Your Shovel and Rake #3  
Bruce nailed it. After years of balancing a shovel on the 3 point implement, or in the bucket (remember its there before using loader!) I took a scrap piece of 1 1/4" pipe and some other appropriate steel stuff, and tapped two existing holes in the back side of my loader mount. Ta dah.

Attachments

• P1010879.jpg
    P1010879.jpg
    586.9 KB · Views: 2,312
   / Where Do You Guys Mount Your Shovel and Rake #5  
The reinforcing tube between the FEL arms is a handy place for shovels, etc. Bucket needs to be wide enough that the tools don't stick out to the side. A bungee keeps things from sliding out as you go.

/ Where Do You Guys Mount Your Shovel and Rake #6  
I mounted mine on the back of the tractor with a 4 point subframe. The type of shovels the rest of you guys are talking about are way too much work.

image-2235745491.jpg

/ Where Do You Guys Mount Your Shovel and Rake #7  
The reinforcing tube between the FEL arms is a handy place for shovels, etc. Bucket needs to be wide enough that the tools don't stick out to the side. A bungee keeps things from sliding out as you go.

That's how I do it too. Rake goes in the grapple tube and shovel in the loader tube. Old pic w/o shovel

Stump1.JPG

gg

/ Where Do You Guys Mount Your Shovel and Rake #8  
I mounted mine on the back of the tractor with a 4 point subframe. The type of shovels the rest of you guys are talking about are way too much work.

View attachment 443923

I'm with you on that shovel. The rake is on the loader (rachet rake).

/ Where Do You Guys Mount Your Shovel and Rake #9  
My little John Deere 400 loader has a round hollow cross brace down toward the bucket. I throw my shovel thru there. Very handy.

/ Where Do You Guys Mount Your Shovel and Rake #10  
Web%20bracket%20mounted.jpg

Web%20right%20side%20close.jpg