Where do tractors go when they truly, completely, totally wear out!

/ Where do tractors go when they truly, completely, totally wear out! #11  
It used to be the back 40, or a fence row, or behind the barn, but those days are mostly gone.

/ Where do tractors go when they truly, completely, totally wear out! #12  
There’s a nearby scrap yard that years ago scrapped many old tractors, I bet some of that stuff could be worth a lot of money today but unfortunately it’s all long gone.

/ Where do tractors go when they truly, completely, totally wear out! #14  
Usually spot them in old timers yards melting with rust never alone usually a collection, they wont part them out, fix or scrap them they just sit there. Usually hoarding junk machinery is good alzheimers / dementia disease flag.

/ Where do tractors go when they truly, completely, totally wear out! #15  
They all go to Rob's house.
Thank you for my daily laugh! :LOL:
It seems like everything he shows is running though, he must have that "magic touch."

/ Where do tractors go when they truly, completely, totally wear out! #16  
A neighbor of mine used one of his old tractors as a form of yard art. Stripped it down, set it next to the road, and placed a large mailbox in the grille hole! Coolest mail box post I've ever seen, lol. And it won't get bashed by the snow plow trucks or teeny boppers with ball bats.

It's funny to use it as a reference point when giving directions to someone, lol.

/ Where do tractors go when they truly, completely, totally wear out! #17  
There are heavy equipment junk yards also. I had a friend that was in his 80's that ran a part time business selling heavy equipment parts from his home. You would call him with your part needs, he would check with his salvage yards and then give you a price. Then the salvage yard would ship the part directly to you without any indication of where it came from.

The funny thing was, he had some health issues and was bouncing between the hospital and a rehab facility. He had his 800 number moved to the nursing home and was running his business from the nursing home. He didn't have much volume, but it kept his mind active.

Doug in SW IA
My wife's step mother has been running a drop ship ebay business from her assisted living facility for years. Her account got hacked recently and put her out of business but she is working on getting it fixed.