Where are the sun spots?

/ Where are the sun spots? #3  
OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITEOTWAWKI!!!!

/ Where are the sun spots? #4  
That doesn't mean that global warming isn't still happening. Even though the planets tempature has been decreasing for the last ten years because of the lesser activity from the sun, global warming is a very serious, man made, disaster that's just taking a break. Even though the cooling process is natural, it's happening in spite of the man made heating of the planet. Once the sun starts to heat up the planet again, then it will be because of man and global warming will be because of burning fossil fuel.

Eddie

/ Where are the sun spots? #5  
forgot to mention...I realize wiki is not the be-all-get-all of definitions.. but for a simple issue like sunspots.. i believe it suffices..

soundguy

/ Where are the sun spots? #6  
EddieWalker said:
That doesn't mean that global warming isn't still happening. Even though the planets tempature has been decreasing for the last ten years because of the lesser activity from the sun, global warming is a very serious, man made, disaster that's just taking a break. Even though the cooling process is natural, it's happening in spite of the man made heating of the planet. Once the sun starts to heat up the planet again, then it will be because of man and global warming will be because of burning fossil fuel.

Eddie

I am sceptical about the amount of human contribution to "global warming". I know that it is the current buzz word and research proposals have a greater chance of funding if they are "for" global warming than if otherwise. Remember that history is full of "well established scientific thought" being completely wrong.

It is possible that the Sun is entering a lower activity phase but because of hysteresis it will be a long time before we really see that reflected in our weather. I think that man's activities such as deforestation have a bigger impact on world weather patterns than gas emissions.

Vernon

/ Where are the sun spots?
   / Where are the sun spots? #8  
IH3444 said:
This guy is trying to keep planet earth warm during the time of reduced sun spots, and a solar minimal period. Hat off to him.........

Tennessee Center for Policy Research

Please note that I am not a Gore supporter and he is one of my least liked politicians but I hate to see an article that uses facts in a way to make it seem even much worse than it is. Let's compare apples to apples. This article states "Energy Guzzled by Al Gore's Home in Past Year Could Power 232 U.S. Homes for a Month". However, they are comparing a year of Gore's usage to a month of an average homes usage. The headline should correctly read "Energy Guzzled by Al Gore's Home in Past Year Could Power 19 U.S. Homes for a year". Their headlines make people think he used as much energy as 232 homes when he only used as much as 19 homes. Either way he is definitely an "energy guzzler". ;)

/ Where are the sun spots? #9  
He uses 37 times more electricity than me. Anyway, Eddie I imagine it's easy to believe there is global warming on a summer day in Texas but up here in Wisconsin it just ain't happening along with many parts of the world. I here it snowed in Bagdad this winter, and the media never said a word. We had a good frost on the ground just three weeks ago, coldest May I ever saw. The Ash trees last week still were not fully leafed out in northern Wisconsin. M€ore snow this year since 1887. We were also told global warming would create dust bowls, droughts and heat up our planet enough that we couldn't grow crops. In the last 2 weeks we had 12" of rain. In Iowa there is 5 million acres of corn under water( which raised the food prices up all over the world and corn went to 8 bucks a bushel ) I never believed in global warming and if I'm wrong, good! Now we hear valid stories about Al Gores electric bills like this and I'm supposed to believe him? God this week must have gotten a chuckle out of these guys this week. Global warming? Drought? I'll show them he said! Oh by the way the Missy is unbelievably high, water is even over some of the dams.

/ Where are the sun spots? #10  
In reality the Sun Spots are all hiding on the other side of the sun.:D :D