Where are RK Tractors Made?

/ Where are RK Tractors Made? #1  

RK Tractor Guy

Manufacturer
Tractor
every model
RK Tractors Forum Participants,

We get a lot of questions about who makes RK Tractors, so we thought that it would be helpful to share that info in this forum so current and prospective RK Tractors owners had the straight scoop.

All under 60HP sub-compact and compact tractors of every brand sold in the U.S. have their design and manufacturing origin outside of the U.S. Each brand performs some level of assembly here in the U.S. to prepare the tractors for sale to dealers in the case of all other brands, and directly for tractor users in the case of RK Tractors. While we know the country of origin and level of stateside assembly for each of our competitors, we choose to focus on letting our current RK Tractors customers and prospective customers know our sources and our level of assembly. Here it is, in the most transparent way we can state it.

Our tractors are designed and manufactured to our specifications in Korea by TYM, which happens to be the second largest manufacturer of under 60HP tractors sold in the U.S. Few are aware that they hold that position, now readers of this forum know it too. The engines for our RK19 to RK55 are made in Japan by Yanmar, the 74HP engines are made by Deutz in Germany. Tires and wheels are made in Des Moines IA and Quincy IL by Titan International. Every tractor is fully assembled in Korea using assembly-use only tire & wheel sets, and is fully tested on a dynamometer before they undergo a partial knockdown (PKD) for shipping purposes. The PKD involves taking things off the open station tractors so they can be crated, but the cab tractors are actually driven in and out of shipping containers on small, steel wheels that allow the tractor to fit through the container doorway. Once the tractors arrive, we bolt on things like steps, seat, steering wheels, fenders, lights, etc. that were removed for shipping. We mount the tire & wheel assemblies, fill the rear tires of every 37, 55, and 74HP tractor paired with a loader with RimGuard, and install the loaders, backhoes and mid-mount-mowers based upon the stock or customer order. We then ship the fully assembled tractors to our stores using our own fleet of trucks. That's how we do it. We do not claim that our tractors are made in the U.S. because they are not, but as all other brands, we perform final assembly here, using our Tractor Assembly Centers (TAC) located in Waverly OH and Williston FL. We will add to those two locations as we grow our tractor brand.

Hope this information is helpful. We are trying to be a different kind of tractor company. We are proud of our tractors, we are happy to offer them at the lowest possible prices and we like to be open about where we buy our tractors.

/ Where are RK Tractors Made? #2  
Can you provide the source to the claim of TYM being the 2nd largest manufacturer of under 60HP tractors sold in the US?

As the owner of a TYM built Mahindra I agree TYM builds a good product.

/ Where are RK Tractors Made?
Can you provide the source to the claim of TYM being the 2nd largest manufacturer of under 60HP tractors sold in the US?

As the owner of a TYM built Mahindra I agree TYM builds a good product.

Kubota is #1. TYM #2 due to their building for Mahindra, RK and their own brand, TYM. For sales, Kubota has #1 market share, Mahindra now # 2, Deere #3 in the under-60 market.

/ Where are RK Tractors Made? #4  
Kubota is #1. TYM #2 due to their building for Mahindra, RK and their own brand, TYM. For sales, Kubota has #1 market share, Mahindra now # 2, Deere #3 in the under-60 market.

But where is the source of the data?

But where is the source of the data?

So. NH? Do you live anywhere near Manchester? I'm a fellow New Englander, but from CT, you probably don't even consider CT a New England state.

The industry production data and retail sales volume by brand is not public. That Kubota is the largest selling under-60HP brand in the U.S. is not in dispute, nor is Mahindra's position as #2. They passed Deere in 2017. To know who makes tractors for whom makes it very easy for those of us inside the industry to know the production ranking. TYM builds more than 60% of Mahindra tractors sold in the U.S. Take that and the RK and TYM volume, they are #2 in production. In addition, TYM now owns Kukje Machinery, manufacturers of the Branson brand tractors. It is now one company. Sorry that I cannot pass you more details, but this knowledge comes from 25 years with leading OEMs prior to joining RK a couple of years ago to help build this new tractor business.

/ Where are RK Tractors Made? #6  
So. NH? Do you live anywhere near Manchester? I'm a fellow New Englander, but from CT, you probably don't even consider CT a New England state.

The industry production data and retail sales volume by brand is not public. That Kubota is the largest selling under-60HP brand in the U.S. is not in dispute, nor is Mahindra's position as #2. They passed Deere in 2017. To know who makes tractors for whom makes it very easy for those of us inside the industry to know the production ranking. TYM builds more than 60% of Mahindra tractors sold in the U.S. Take that and the RK and TYM volume, they are #2 in production. In addition, TYM now owns Kukje Machinery, manufacturers of the Branson brand tractors. It is now one company. Sorry that I cannot pass you more details, but this knowledge comes from 25 years with leading OEMs prior to joining RK a couple of years ago to help build this new tractor business.

I understand the logic and don't dispute that. Just didn't know if you had an actual document of the rankings since the first thing anyone does when you tell them TYM builds more compact tractors than someone like Deere is they ask for proof. So many people have barely heard of TYM and can't believe they build more than Deere, a name EVERYONE knows. Would be much easier to show them the numbers.

Yes, I am familiar with Manchester. I'm about half way between Manchester and Keene. Is CT even a state anymore or is it just an annex of NYC?

/ Where are RK Tractors Made? #7  
Just curious where Kioti fits into that picture?

I know this is specifically about RK, which I have never heard of, but it would be most interesting if someone could make a short (factual) chart, as of today, who is making what for whom, and where.

I understand the logic and don't dispute that. Just didn't know if you had an actual document of the rankings since the first thing anyone does when you tell them TYM builds more compact tractors than someone like Deere is they ask for proof. So many people have barely heard of TYM and can't believe they build more than Deere, a name EVERYONE knows. Would be much easier to show them the numbers.

Yes, I am familiar with Manchester. I'm about half way between Manchester and Keene. Is CT even a state anymore or is it just an annex of NYC?

LOL, where I come from, we sort of distance ourselves from NYC.

Surely understand how hearing that TYM makes all of those tractors would be surprising. TYM is a manufacturer of tractors sold under different brands around the world. While they do have their own brand, it is a very small % of what they make for other brands. For the under 60HP tractors that are sold under the Deere brand, they come from multiple sources, none of which individually produces more for the U.S. market than TYM does. The New Holland and CaseIH compacts are made by another Korean manufacturer, LS Mtron, which is a division of LG, the electronics and appliance giant. Who would have thought? The Kioti brand tractors are made by Korean parent Daedong, a steel conglomerate. Japan's Iseki makes the Massey Ferguson brand compacts. Its hard to keep track. There are 14 different compact tractor brands sold in the U.S., with only seven different manufacturers making all 14. TYM Korea makes tractors for Mahindra, RK, TYM, Branson and Zetor sold in the U.S. Surprising yes, but true.

/ Where are RK Tractors Made? #9  
Very interesting information! Is Kubota the only manufacturer that is solely a tractor company, or are they owned by a larger parent as well?

I did know LS made some NHs and Case. I think they make the NH boomers and work masters, or at least some of them. Not sure about which Case.

I certainly appreciate having this perspective from a tractor rep...it is great to have some insight.

/ Where are RK Tractors Made? #10  
When TYM makes all these tractors, are they all made in different plants, same plants / different lines, or will one ever see different brands on the same line?