Where are buying your Branson parts?

/ Where are buying your Branson parts? #21  
I believe the original 20 series cabbed tractor could be ordered with A/C as an option. I don't believe it came standard with A/C. I did personally look at a new cabbed 20 series 2 years ago when I was tractor shopping at my dealer that did not have A/C (just had heat). I do think there are 20 series cabbed tractors running around now that do have A/C, but I am not positive.

I know that the cabbed 25 series comes standard with A/C (and heat), because I have one. There were a few other differences at the time, but I also think the "new" 20 series has an updated cab and all that may have changed now. I think they went back on the 20 series and put the "same" cab on it that the 25 series has, or at least copied the cab layout and features. As I believe the "new" 20 series cab has the bigger cab with more headroom that the 25 series came with when it hit the market 2 years ago.

I don't know why Branson has blurred the lines so much between the older 20 series tractors and the new 25 series tractors (with both still in production) , but it does get a bit confusing. I believe when the 25 series came out originally, it was intended to be a more feature rich model series than the 20 series. Then they went ahead and redesigned the cab on the 20 series anyway. The website doesn't do a very good job of answering these questions either. Hopefully your Branson dealer can shed more light on all this for you.

Yeah also weird how there is no 55 hp model in the 25 series and no 2.3 liter engine.

Thought I also read a post where it was said the 25 series had heavier subframe and also that the front axle was wider?
Another weird thing on the front axle is a mention of limited slip?

Further blurring lines both the BL25 and BL 200 FELs are available on both 20 and 25 series tractors. No explanation as to why the BL 25 would ever be a better choice either.

/ Where are buying your Branson parts? #22  
I will try to determine as much as I can and report back. Does seem strange not to offer higher HP on the 25 series.

/ Where are buying your Branson parts? #23  
No one can really understand the thing between the 20 and 25 series. The 20 series is only sold on the US, while the 25 series is sold everywhere else and goes up to 60HP with the 6225. The 6225 and 5825 does come with DOC + DPF and the smaller ones just come with DOC for countries who require emissions stuff.

/ Where are buying your Branson parts? #24  
My 4720CH came with EVERYTHING including front remotes. 29k out the door.

/ Where are buying your Branson parts? #25  
That's really disappointing about Big Reds, but I've been relying on alternate sources for years to fix things and haven't bought a factory part in a very long time. When it breaks, I find something else to fix it, usually after market that works better and costs less.

/ Where are buying your Branson parts? #26  
So I just got back from Big Tex in Caddo Mills and they seam to be a good dealer. I would not hesitate doing business with them. They say Red's will reopen next month under a new name. I guess time will tell.

I looked closely at the 25 vs the 20 cab series. They were sitting side by side. They have identical cabs. Layout and seat are the same. Both come with A/C and radio standard.

The 25 series does have dual adjustable side links on the 3pt. 20 series only has one on the right.

The 25 series has 4 cylinder natural aspirated engine with no turbo offered. Apparently the reason they developed the 25 series was to offer a 4 cylinder vs a 3 cylinder in the lower HP range.

The 25 series does use a different rear rim that has more limited adjustments. The rim offsets or more in the center of the rim than on the 20 series. Comparing measurements with R4s the way they had the tractors set up showed a 2" difference. The 25 series measured 64" and the 20 series measured 66" outside tread to outside tread. The front width was the same on both series.

Both series had a water separator on the fuel filter although the 25 series had a little taller bowl.

After all of that, both series are very nice and look to be well made. My personal choice would be the 5220C. More HP and More options on wheel spacing is the difference maker for me.

/ Where are buying your Branson parts? #27  
I got my dealer to use wheels from a different model (3520 and other smaller models) on my 3725. In this case because they're slightly smaller and I wanted the lower center of gravity. These are the "IND 10" wheels instead of the "IND 20" that come on the 3725. The larger tractors have IND25s. The 20s and 25s are adjustable. The 25s really fill out the fenders. Since the IND10s are not adjustable I got 2" spacers included in the deal.

You may be able to get different wheels on the tractor you want.

When I got my 3725 (first one they sold) the dealer had the 25s set up with 2 rear remotes and a block heater to differentiate them more from the 20s. But that's a dealer specific thing.
The factory remotes were a pretty good deal at the time, about half the price of what Kubota charges.

/ Where are buying your Branson parts? #28  
So I just got back from Big Tex in Caddo Mills and they seam to be a good dealer. I would not hesitate doing business with them. They say Red's will reopen next month under a new name. I guess time will tell.

I looked closely at the 25 vs the 20 cab series. They were sitting side by side. They have identical cabs. Layout and seat are the same. Both come with A/C and radio standard.

The 25 series does have dual adjustable side links on the 3pt. 20 series only has one on the right.

The 25 series has 4 cylinder natural aspirated engine with no turbo offered. Apparently the reason they developed the 25 series was to offer a 4 cylinder vs a 3 cylinder in the lower HP range.

The 25 series does use a different rear rim that has more limited adjustments. The rim offsets or more in the center of the rim than on the 20 series. Comparing measurements with R4s the way they had the tractors set up showed a 2" difference. The 25 series measured 64" and the 20 series measured 66" outside tread to outside tread. The front width was the same on both series.

Both series had a water separator on the fuel filter although the 25 series had a little taller bowl.

After all of that, both series are very nice and look to be well made. My personal choice would be the 5220C. More HP and More options on wheel spacing is the difference maker for me.

Sounds like they had the 25 series sitting there with the wheel spacing set to the narrow position. Mine is right at 70-72" from outside sidewall to outside sidewall.

This pic should show you the rim offset position that mine is set on:

20180107_101608.jpg

Notice how the center "dish" area of the wheel is concave. There are 4 rear wheel spacing positions. Mine is the next to widest position. My front tires are on the wide (only 2 positions on front tires) position. The rear outer rim can still be flipped and set out farther than it currently is. But at least on the 25 series, that would make the rear tires track wider than the front tires can go. As mine sits now, with the fronts on the wide position, and the rears in this position, both front and rear tires have the same tire track width.

/ Where are buying your Branson parts?
Hey group need some help with identifying which ring is my top.
I finally got my new rings but I’m having a hard time identifying which is which.
They have a “Y” stamped on the so I’m assume that is going be UP.
I have a shinny ring and with “Y” up so is the bevel.
The other is darker and with “Y” up the groove would be up.
Can I assume shinny ring is top and dark is the bottom. Because the other way around the bevel would pointing towards the top
Ring and I do not think the is right. Just about everything I have read has the bevels pointing in opposite directions

901D783C-914D-4DE5-B287-02DF6ECF6A60.jpeg00C4D074-1D63-4690-A841-E55E8EE99101.jpeg

/ Where are buying your Branson parts? #30  
Lhhippie

I would say you are correct. The Y must go toward the top of the piston. Shinny would be top ring.