Where are all the CUMMINS fans?!

/ Where are all the CUMMINS fans?! #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
I see plenty of Fords, Chevy/GMC diesels, even a few Dodge gassers in the rigs and trailers thread... but where are you Cummins folks hiding?

Here's my truck. Its not the prettiest truck, but its a great truck.

Its a 1996, so it has the good old 12 valve, I converted it over from a midly-upgraded 47RH automatic to the NV4500 5spd and put in a South Bend clutch rated at 350HP... Its got a #10 fuel plate, 6" straight pipe dumping out the passenger side before the rear wheels, ISSPRO pyrometer, boost, and trans temp (not hooked up any more, not needed with the NV4500) gauges, BHAF, and a nicer Alpine head unit.

Its not as fancy or new as some of the trucks on the road, but it starts up every day and gets the job done well.

mydodge.jpg

/ Where are all the CUMMINS fans?! #2  
We're here. I'm sure there are many of us one here. I don't say much about the Cummins or the Dodge itself mostly because I spend more time in the tractor forums. That said, I've had the other brands, just never had one I liked as much as my 05 Dodge CTD 2500. It drives good, works hard, get fuel mileage that seems to be a little better than what I read of the v8 diesels getting and continues to promise it will last as long as I need it. Couldn't ask for more. If Dodge is still around when I replace it, I guarantee another Dodge will be in the driveway. Before someone accuses me of being some blind loyal Mopar fan, I've been buying vehicles for 40 years and until 2002 had never owned a Chrysler product.

/ Where are all the CUMMINS fans?! #3  
Good looking truck you got there! I thought of trading my 03 Ram 1500 HEMI in for a diesel 3/4ton but found a great deal on a 94 F-350 diesel dump that I could not refuse. Some day I would like to have a newer Cummins diesel, although I love that loud 12v sound compared to the new "quiet" engines. :D

/ Where are all the CUMMINS fans?! #4  
Maybe they are all out on the road?

jb

/ Where are all the CUMMINS fans?! #5  
Nice truck! I own a 99 ram2500 24valve. I will probably hang on to this truck for many years. I just broke it in with 140k on odo.

/ Where are all the CUMMINS fans?! #8  
here's mine... '05 2500......:cool: and two of my buddies Fords beside it... one of them smartened up since then and now has a 3500 dually (after owing the Ford for three months:D:D), the other is on his 3rd turbo (6L pstroke):(

IMG_5608-1.jpg

and the new dually
IMG_7010.jpg

/ Where are all the CUMMINS fans?! #9  
After all the problems I've read about the new 6.7's, you're lucky to have a 5.9L.

Here we go again...

How did I know that Builder would be here quickly to put the Duracrap on a pedestal and put down every other manufacturer. :rolleyes: Give me a break already, it's all about personal preference and they all have their problems.

/ Where are all the CUMMINS fans?! #10  
I have a 2000 model 3500 with a western hauler bed. Love it!!! Pulls harder than any other truck I have drove, including a Ford 550 with the new diesel. Wouldn't trade it for anything, well maybe a 2005 with 4 wheel drive and a 6 speed tranny.