When you miss your Kioti most...

/ When you miss your Kioti most... #1  

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (Mine) BX2380 (wife’s)
Although a very new owner, I have already learned the answer.. when your Kioti is in a box traveling cross country and your main sewer line developes an unclearable obstruction. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yessireee, my shiny new CK30 started it's cross country journey last Tuesday - and Thursday morning the slow draining sewer comes to a gurgling halt. You might guess that as I'm writing this the following Tuesday that all is well - not even close.

Plumber #1 comes out Thursday, his helper digs hole to find outside line next the foundation (more room than crawlspace) and does his electric rooter thing, determines blockage is near the street curb. Unfortunately, noone knows exactly where pipe is located. Somewhat important in my mind as sewer, water and gas all run side by side from house to street and the gas main runs along my side of the curb. Houses on street built very early 50's, so I guess there are no drawings etc. Only way to determine where blockage/ sewerpipe location is with a camer/locator thingy, then dig it up, clear, and replace pipe section. Friday it rains so hard, digging is not only impossible, but probably dangerous if deep.
Sat morning, Mr Plumber #1 calls to say he has camera guy for Monday.
Can you say "long weekend" with wife and no toilet? 0745 Monday, Mr Plumber#1 calls to say he is too ill to work and provides contact for replacement plumber - the kind with 2 page spread in yellow pages. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I immediately call and describe my situation - to include what Mr Plumber#1 did.

6 1/2 hours later Plumber#2 (with helper) arrives, within 20 minutes confirms diagnosis of #1. He has a camera/locator thingy, but not heavy duty so is unable to push it more than 4 or 5 feet. #2 suggests that the 4000 psi hydro jet is the answer, but not guaranteed. Of course, they won't bring machine out unless prepaid, money applied to next level or refunded if it fails to clear.

1 3/4 hours later, Plumber #3 arrives, HydroJet in tow. Within 15 minutes, he has blown 2 safety valves and pronounced blockage as unclearable. Guessing by the unmeasured length of hose, the blockage is indeed near the street curb, but selects a 3rd possible location. He writes estimate for spot repair.

Now by this time, I'm seriously regretting my CK30 is enroute to Hawaii. I'm holding an estimate for more than any of my attachments. Third option estimate is for $1000 more than I paid for ALL my attachments. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Of course it is too late to start, but gas companny does make it out to mark their lines.
This morning I had time to sharpen the chainsaw and perform major surgery to allow for the hoe to get in.

Plumber#4 shows up about 2:45, snakes his heavy duty camera/locator thingy and in less than 20 minutes determines I have a blockage and approximatge location - near street curb about a foot right of water meter - this is not one of the orginal 3 guesses. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Finally progress - not so fast. #4 now has to make trip back to company for a hoe, approx 2 hour round trip. Can you say "rush hour"? He's back in about 2 1/2 hours Bobcat excavator in tow. Being a new operator myself, I did get a backhoe on my CK30, I'm anxious to observe a pro at work. As I watched him unload from trailer, I began to have doubts. About 6 bucket dips into the job, I yell to him that he has a hydraulic leak. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif After brief inspection, he announces, he thinks he can get his hole dug. Another 6 or 8 dips and I'm thinking, gee, he really isn't all that much smoother than I was last week. I did get to try my backhoe at a neighbor's ditch. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif About then I heard a different sound, immediately knew he hit the pipe as water seeped to surface. WOW, sewer pipe was only 2plus feet down - NOPE - but the water line was coming out of the meter at an angle /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

So here it is, Tuesday late, sewer still clogged, but now no water. Sure I really miss my CK30. At this point I regret my decision not to just rent an excavator myself - looks like now I'm paying a professional for the same mistakes I didn't want to make myself.

Did I mention I REALLY miss my Kioti? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ When you miss your Kioti most... #2  
I'll bet you are missing your Kioti. Look at the bright side, Oh, I don't see a bright side. Perhaps you should just go to bed for a week until the plumber army you have gets it corrected, or you may want to visit your local gun store for some added persuasion.
I hope things improve for you real soon. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Good Luck
Bob

/ When you miss your Kioti most... #3  
That story almost makes me want to cry but then again it is almost so hard to believe with all the bad luck.... I hope everything shapes up soon and you get that corrected. If I were in your boat my wife wouldn't have been home at all it would have been a hotel or a family members house and leave me at home to deal with it.

/ When you miss your Kioti most... #4  
Well, at least you have someone else to blame it on. After all, you didn't know where the pipe was, but would have tried right? You may have been the one to break the water main, and who could you blame it on then? The Kioti Dealer!!
Dave, sorry, I just couldn't think of anything good say about this situation.
May you and your CK soon be joined again, almost never to be parted! John

/ When you miss your Kioti most... #5  
Talk about bad luck.....I really hope that boat don't sink with your tractor on it. Sorry but just had to say that......

/ When you miss your Kioti most... #6  
Well, there really is a bright side after all - the gas line is still intact! Keep your chin up, it will get better. It may get worse first, but eventually........

/ When you miss your Kioti most... #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Well, there really is a bright side after all - the gas line is still intact! )</font>

That's funny, but I don't think you should have said that.

Cliff ( I think I smell gas already -- oh, that's just the dog.)

/ When you miss your Kioti most... #8  
That sure is a bummer. Hope it's fixed soon.

/ When you miss your Kioti most...
Nothing like empathy from one's fellow tractor lovers /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The good news is the last plumber finished up yesterday. I now have 2 new clean outs on a 50 yo sewer line. Actually, the 6 inch concrete pipe is in great shape except for the invasive roots. I've ordered something called RootX to help control.
The bad news is I coulda bought 2 nice attachments for my Kioti. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks again for the support. According to shipper, my Kioti leaves LA port tomorrow for an uneventful boat ride to its new, Hawaiian home.

David

/ When you miss your Kioti most... #10  
Glad you made it through in one piece. I'm sure the tractor will arrive safely and good order.

Steve