wheel wobble

/ wheel wobble #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a Kubota B7200 HST 4WD on which one of the rear wheel hubs does not fit tightly to the axle, resulting in considerable wobble. The tractor was bought used with about 1500 hours. The hub on the side that wobbles appears to have been recently replaced, being cleaner and of slightly different design than the one on the other side. Any ideas re: cause and/or fix? Thanks.

/ wheel wobble #2  
Not sure what may have caused the problem,maybe the pre owner never keep the nuts tight and had to replace the hub./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
I would contact your local dealer and see what it would take to make it right,and if the cost is to high maybe a darn good machine could help

Thomas..NH

/ wheel wobble #3  
I hope the axle shaft is not the part that was worn do to a lose wheel but they should tighten up and we normally drive them around and retighten two to three times when replacing or just tightening.

/ wheel wobble
How are they tightened? I checked the bolt that goes through the tube on the back of the hub and it seemed tight. If the axle shaft is worn, can it be shimmed, or is a new axle shaft the only solution?

/ wheel wobble #5  
First remove it and inspect the axle for wear. You should check the bolt and the pin for wear. I can't tell you for sure that this will give you that but normally they can be tightened. If you have a spot that is worn could you move it to a fresh spot on the axle?

/ wheel wobble
Maybe the newer hub that wobbles is not the correct one for your tractor. You could switch wheels and hubs from side to side and see if the wobble moves to the other side of the tractor.

Andy

/ wheel wobble #7  
This seems a little fishy to me... My thought is that the two hubs should look the same. If they don't, maybe the "new one" is the wrong one. If switching sides is not feasible try speaking with a dealer. Take a photo along, of both your hubs.

There is only the slightest clearance between the axle and hub on my B2400. Using mine as an example, the B2400 hub could not wobble even if it were loose on the shaft.