Ballast Wheel weights

/ Wheel weights #1  

Kep1a

Bronze Member
Tractor
Montana 2840
Well I'm having issues with loader lifting capacity. I use a 5' box blade for ballast but it isn't enough at times. I will be adding antifreeze or rust inhibitor. That isn't going to get me that much weight in a 9.5-24 ag tire.

I would like to get wheel weights so I can lift a bit more weight. I also would like to use the loader w/o the box blade in tight areas for light load transport and lifting. To be honest I need better traction too as I really can't push hard enough to get a full bucket due to wheels loosing traction.

1) Anyone know if and where I can find wheel weights for my Montana 2840 with 6 lug wheels?

2) Any part numbers or options might help.

3) Any real concerns for using wheel weights?

4) What weight wheel weights Should I look to get and what concerns should I have.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

/ Wheel weights #2  
Yeah - there is one real BIG concern - - $$$$. Just read another thread on here - guy added 1000# of wheel weights - 500# per tire. The 1000# cost $2000.

I do not know if he got ripped or not but before you commit - I would check out either of these three options - a heavier rear blade - a heavier box blade - maybe even a 3-point ballast box.

For goodness sake - at least consider something that will have multiple uses. Besides - something hanging off your 3-point has advantages beyond just added weight and road grading, etc. It will reduce the load on the front axle also.

/ Wheel weights
Well I found 4 IH suitcase weights for $150 total. I'm going to modify my box blade and attach them to it. I also have found a 3pt weight holding attachment. I also have a 3pt 2" receiver attachment. I found a 2" receiver weight holding attachment at about the same cost as the 3pt weight holder.

Thanks for the input it helped me to look at other options.