What's your favorite degreaser?

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #31  
My "go to" degreaser is Simple Green Pro HD. I keep a hand spray bottle full, use it with my pressure washer foam gun, and clean small parts in our 6L ultra-sonic cleaner.

IMG_1517.jpg

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #32  
I don't have a favorite but be careful and only do a small test at first. I used Purple (something or the other) on my bicycle peddle crank and it took the finish off! it works fine but is discolored and looks terrible!

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #33  
Once any heavy grease is removed I like to use oven cleaner in a spray can.
Cheap ( @ dollar stores) but it is caustic so rinse well.
(It is also great for cleaning carburetors as well.)

Sure, brake cleaner, MEK, tolual, carbontet all do a good job but costly.

(PS, oven cleaner is great for cleaning fireplace glass doors.)

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #34  
It depends on what it is and where I'm doing it. When I'm inside I'm more concerned about toxic exposure and use D-Limonene. It's not cheap but works well. I use an ultrasonic cleaner with water born solutions a lot as well.

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #35  
Zep Industrial Purple. $40 for 5 gal of super concentrate at Lowes of Home Depot. Excellent

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #36  
Pretty hard to beat tried and true Stoddard Solvent. Plus I love the smell. I grew up using it as a selective herbicide on carrot seedlings. We used to get 10 fifty gallon drums delivered at a time. LOL.
This explains some things! :ROFLMAO:

/ What's your favorite degreaser?
I ordered two plunger cans, a one quart model and a two quart model. I plan to use the smaller one in my basement shop, where I'm likelier to use cutting oil and then want to paint something, and likelier to need to remove labels. I might put Goof-Off (whose MSDS says it contains 60 to 100 percent Acetone) or Acetone or toluene in there. The larger one I think I'll put a petroleum distillate in, such as Stoddard solvent or mineral spirits, something lighter than paint thinner but in the same family. I will absolutely keep other things available in bottles and cans, as they all have their place!

I think of MEK, methyl ethyl ketone, as being a slower and less volatile version of acetone, which is also methyl methyl ketone. I might get some spray cans of precision cleaner for tiny detailed things.

At least, that's how I'm leaning at the moment.

But keep the comments coming -- this is genuinely interesting!

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #39  
I use a citric cleaner called "Oil Eater". You can order it through Walmart. I really like the stuff. Been using it for 15 years or so.

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #40  
Here is a pretty good video on solvent differences and purposes...