Loader What's wrong with my loader?

/ What's wrong with my loader? #1  

chipsndust

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1025R, Curtis cab
I have a 2305 with a 200CX loader.

When I took the bucket off the loader, I noticed that when extending and retracting the bucket holders (dump and curl) the left side was lagging the right. Both sides are working, but the left side reaches full extension and retraction after the right side. It was getting dark and I was tired so I parked the tractor for the night.

Thought I would tap the wisdom on TBN before I get into it tomorrow.

I was brush hogging all day, so didn't really use the bucket much, (use it mainly to "locate" stumps and rocks) but it seemed to be working alright.

Is this normal? Any suggestions?

Thanks

/ What's wrong with my loader? #2  
I have the same issue with my 3520, 300cx loader. It's almost new and I told the salesman about it right away, said he would come out and look at it but never did. Been waiting to see if I have any other warranty issues come up before I pursue the matter again. Just noticed yesterday that the paint on the bottom of the bucket is wearing much more on one side than the other. I look forward to hearing if anyone else has noticed this and how it was fixed.

/ What's wrong with my loader? #3  
There is really nothing wrong, they do not stay perfectly aligned. There is a tie rod (#12) that runs between the two DA shoes to help keep them "timed", but there is so much slop in the pins (#11) that they still get out of whack. Or, possibly the pin(S) are sheared off.

The picture is below is the 200cx, the 300 is similar:

Attachments

• 200cx.gif
    200cx.gif
    23.3 KB · Views: 423
   / What's wrong with my loader? #4  
Kennyd is right.
They will get a little out of alignment. As you try to attach back onto your bucket, you may have a problem with one in proper postion and the other too far back. Just push the bucket a bit with your loader. This will push your FEL carrier back into proper postion. Then hook on.

If you alignment is way off, then you have probably lost or sheared off one of the pins in the tie rod connecting the 2 sides.

Deputy11
If you are wearing paint off one side faster than the other, the FEL is probably not level. Make sure the air pressure in the rear tires is equal. Otherwise, your FEL is most likely not level on the tractor. Take you FEL and CUT to a level area. Lower the bucket and see if one side touches the ground before the other. If yes, the problem is the FEL needs to be adjusted. The other rare possibility would be the FEL is twisted or not manufactured correctly.

/ What's wrong with my loader? #5  
Thanks radman and kennyd. Tire pressures are equal, checked often. Think it is time for warranty work because it was an issue since delivered. There is a fair amount of slop in the pins, have checked torque several times and is OK. I like the pin style they use now because they are so easy to keep greased but my old 410 loader did not have issues of any kind.

/ What's wrong with my loader?
Thanks, Kenny. I never noticed as much difference in the travel as I saw yesterday.

I'll check the tie rod and pins before I go to the dealer. I also need to get a replacement pin that connects the bellcrank for the lift mechanism. (Noticed it was missing yesterday after brush hogging).

I love this forum.

/ What's wrong with my loader?
Thanks, Kenny. I never noticed as much difference in the travel as I saw yesterday.

I'll check the tie rod and pins before I go to the dealer. I also need to get a replacement pin that connects the bellcrank for the lift mechanism. (Noticed it was missing yesterday after brush hogging).

I love this forum.

Just a follow-up.

Sure enough, I was missing the left clevis pin (#11) on the loader.

Thanks again

/ What's wrong with my loader? #9  
Reading the posts here made me look things over more closely. At what I call the top of the masts there is an assembly that allows you to flip a lever in order to take the loader off the tractor. I noticed a large bolt with the head against the mast on each side of the loader. Of course I had seen them before but thought they were parts of the loader-release-from-the-tactor (not sure how to word that) assembly. One was out about a 7/32nds more than the other. First measured bucket from level floor, had 3/4 inch diff side to side. Measured cylinders and had 1/2 inch diff in extensions. Turned the bolt in on the side that was lower. The bucket started to come level. Kept at it until almost level and stopped. Then extended and retracted all cylinders completely several times and they also now match as far as rod distances. Not sure if what I did will affect any of the other alignments so did not worry about perfect level and know that there is some slop in the pins. Those bolts are not on the diagram posted earlier but it sure is nice to have that printed out for future reference. I thought I would post this just in case someone else had run into this. Thanks to everyone:)