What's This?

/ What's This? #1  

PitbullMidwest

Platinum Member
Tractor
1998 Kubota L2900GST
What\'s This?

Anyone have any idea what kind of tractor this might be?

Attachments

• 6-101536-ttb1003002.jpg
    6-101536-ttb1003002.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 92
   / What's This? #2  
Re: What\'s This?

Looks like an Economy/Power King. A friend had one 'til he got a BX2200. I don't know much about them /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ What's This? #3  

try asking over at ytmag.com - lots of old tractor knowledge there.

/ What's This? #4  

I believe RobS is right, My friends dad had one and used it for years to mow the lawn. It had a 14 HP kohler engine with a 3 or 4 speed tranny and a 2 speed transfer case. Very well built garden tractor. I think his other son rebuilt it as an FFA project and still uses it down in South Carolina /w3tcompact/icons/love.gif

/ What's This? #5  

Yup, thats a Powerking. They had eather 24", or 16" rear wheels. The one shown has the 24'ERS. They were a heck of a garden tractor

/ What's This? #6  

I have had a Power King like that since 1973. The only thing ever done to it was to reline the clutch plate. The Power King never had a 2 speed transfer case, to gear it down to use a tiller, you put in a second transmission just like the one already in it. I have 2 transmissions, a 3PH, a tiller, front blade, 5'MMM, turn plow, 65 pounds of lead poured inside each front wheel, and a vacuum for picking up grass & leaves. It also has rear hydraulics that I use on the ryan aerator.
The only reason I bought a B2400 was I wanted something new to play with.
Bud

/ What's This? #7  

Ya, they are sweet tractors. I would like to get one. I think it would go nice with my Ingersoll.

/ What's This? #8  

If your going to quiz us on yesterday tractor and attachment your going to have to dig harder,for there are alot of yesterday tractor buffs here. /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif
Please do keep the questions coming..for its interesting. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ What's This? #9  

Indeed they are a sweet machine!!
When I had my 1973 Power King the Jim Dandy model w/ the 5' mower,its started out to be a winter project but turn out to be personal. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
The 14hp single piston was a strong motor,and one could spin the tractor on a dime w/the left or right brakes.
The only draw back was the 1973 Power King Jim Dandy model was they came w/ an armstrong lift for any attachments. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
This tractor were also great for mini pulls for the kids. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Yep..in a way I wish I still had mine also my Speedex.