What's the best way to clean "pitted" sheet vinyl floor?

/ What's the best way to clean "pitted" sheet vinyl floor?
(Sorry for the dropped word in my prior post.)

I think that the steam clean + vacuum plus sealing (multiple coats?) seems like a good way forward at minimal cost. I would use a vinyl specific floor sealer though as the vinyl flexes unlike stone tile. E.g. https://www.amazon.com/Zep-Commercial-1044994-Resistant-Sealer/dp/B005SSGT7C

Zep also makes polish to go on top of the sealer.
https://www.amazon.com/Zep-Wet-Look-Polish-ounces-ECZUWLFF1282/dp/B07M93Q3QY/

All the best,

Peter
Thanks, I've had good results with ZEP products.
BUT why does Amazon price things that way?
Your link for the sealer - $15.87/gallon or 2 gallons for $34.99 (=$17.495/gallon).
Are math skills that bad?

/ What's the best way to clean "pitted" sheet vinyl floor? #12  
Could be they hope people don't pay attention and pay more for two. I bought engine oil filters this morning. A set of 6 was priced more than buying two sets of three. o_O

I have a professional furniture cleaning guide here. The book was written for carpet cleaners who also want to do furniture cleaning, but it cautions that some fabrics have crayon markings on the interior that can be brought to the surface by cleaning. Evidently, some markers are used to mark up upholstery for cutting during the manufacturing process and those markers can bleed through when the upholstery is cleaned. I've never had it to happen while cleaning our furniture, but I mention it because the book mentions it.

/ What's the best way to clean "pitted" sheet vinyl floor? #13  
I have had pretty good luck getting just about anything clean using this nylon bristle brush chucked in my cordless drill. Just dont go crazy with the speed... Depending what exactly the contaminant is, the "solvent/detergent" will differ. Sometimes, I need to throw in some "barkeepers friend" and let the bleach in that work for a bit. Once you get it clean, then is the time to seal it with a good quality wax or similar that makes it hard for dirt to adhere in the future. The worst I have ever had was the liquid part of asphalt transferring onto shoes from a newly re-sealed driveway. To get that stuff up I had to use kerosene and then wash that crap off the floor with detergent but I got it up.... just do small sections at a time..

1682552599897.png

/ What's the best way to clean "pitted" sheet vinyl floor? #14  
Thanks, I've had good results with ZEP products.
BUT why does Amazon price things that way?
Your link for the sealer - $15.87/gallon or 2 gallons for $34.99 (=$17.495/gallon).
Are math skills that bad?
Yeah, I don't get it either. I see it all the time, and about one time in three the math on the per whatever cost is wrong. So, yes, math skills must really be that bad, or Amazon wouldn't bother...

All the best,

Peter

Last edited:
   / What's the best way to clean "pitted" sheet vinyl floor? #15  
It's not an Amazon specific thing. Stores have used this technique for at least 50 years. Most things are priced cheaper in bulk, so we get used to buying in bulk with non-perishable goods. Then they mix in a few that are not actually cheaper and get some extra profit from the unaware. The less cynical explanation is that some things arrive packaged in bulk and if they need to move inventory on the 'single' ones, they will adjust the prices to encourage people to buy those. Modern systems are pretty sophisticated, so highly unlikely it was a mistake.

/ What's the best way to clean "pitted" sheet vinyl floor? #16  
Wife bought new vinyl floor a few years ago.

Armstrong Flooring Iron Point Dark Earth
It has a nice 3D visual texture. But that texture has numerous little pits. Her method of cleaning it is Swifter based, which works fine on our other floors (tile, vinyl plank, wood) but the little pits won't let go of the dirt.
SFgate has a decent article on cleaning that type of floor (How to Get Embedded Dirt Out of Pitted Vinyl Flooring) but it's basically a pain.
Besides normal mopping I've tried the "Armstrong once and done concentrate floor cleaner" (the flooring mfg. solution), Mr. Clean, vinegar, vinegar and baking soda. Rubbing too hard will remove the vinyl's surface.
I think what I need is a "micro" pressure washer surface cleaner. Something that would blast the dirt out and I could mop up the remains.
So I'm probably looking at a "steam mop" but there are hundreds of them with prices all over the place and I've no experience with them.
also here is suggestion ofr yoy check out this https://ipayhourlycalculator.com
Does anyone know of a pressure washer surface cleaner made for "micro use"?
Any recommendations for small "steam mops"?
there are several brands and models available in the market that claim to be effective in cleaning pitted vinyl flooring. Some popular options for steam mops include Bissell PowerFresh, Shark Genius, and McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System. It is recommended to check the product specifications and customer reviews before making a purchase. As for pressure washer surface cleaners, you may want to consider Karcher K1700 or Sun Joe SPX3000. Again, it is best to research the product and read customer reviews before making a decision.