What's my Woods 10 ft, 121 Twin Cadet mower worth?

/ What's my Woods 10 ft, 121 Twin Cadet mower worth? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
How much should I advertise this mower for? I'm helping an older neighbor sell it.

It looks good with no serious rust, has recently sharpened blades and cuts from 2" to 12". The cylinder works fine and I didn't see any leakdown.
It's a pretty heavy duty unit and was kept in a shed.

Any advice on a price would be helpful.

IMG_7365.JPG IMG_7369.JPG IMG_7370.JPG IMG_7371.JPG

/ What's my Woods 10 ft, 121 Twin Cadet mower worth? #2  
All 3 gearboxes hold oil? If so I would think $800-$1000 would be a good start. You can always come down.

/ What's my Woods 10 ft, 121 Twin Cadet mower worth? #3  
All 3 gearboxes hold oil? If so I would think $800-$1000 would be a good start. You can always come down.

Hahaha. I’d say $2k minimum.

/ What's my Woods 10 ft, 121 Twin Cadet mower worth? #4  
Hahaha. I’d say $2k minimum.

Not enough shiny paint on it to fetch $2K, at least not until the right guy sees it. The guys that would spend that much don’t like rust. Me, I don’t care about that but I’m a bottom feeder. And I’ve got lots of company. Man can go out and buy a brand new Titan for $3500 +-. Makes it tough to spend over half of that on a 121. But if I’m wrong that’s ok too.

/ What's my Woods 10 ft, 121 Twin Cadet mower worth? #5  
Not enough shiny paint on it to fetch $2K, at least not until the right guy sees it. The guys that would spend that much don’t like rust. Me, I don’t care about that but I’m a bottom feeder. And I’ve got lots of company. Man can go out and buy a brand new Titan for $3500 +-. Makes it tough to spend over half of that on a 121. But if I’m wrong that’s ok too.

I’m not saying your wrong. Comparing Woods to Titan isn’t a comparison though. Woods is top of the line doesn’t matter if it was made in the 80’s or 90’s. Paint doesn’t make anything work any better. If it’s in good shape it’ll bring good money, paint or not. A Woods 6’ will bring $800-$1,000+ used. Go up to 10’ and you can go up on the price.

/ What's my Woods 10 ft, 121 Twin Cadet mower worth? #6  
If it were mine I would ask $1000-1500 if I wanted to sell.

A few things to keep in mind. It may cut well but it looks rough. I has a lot of surface rust. It's also had some sketchy DIY repairs in the past. Who thought it a good idea to bolt angle iron on the side rather than properly replace/repair the skids.

Someone said a used Woods 6' would bring $800 to $1000.00 which is a fact. Anybody with a old Ford 8N or larger tractor can pull a 6' cutter but you start narrowing potential buyers when you move up to a 10'.

If it were mine I would't sell it for $1200.00 but I think that's probably what the market will bear.

/ What's my Woods 10 ft, 121 Twin Cadet mower worth?
Good advice all. Thank you. I listed it for $1,400 and will lower the price if it doesn't sell.

/ What's my Woods 10 ft, 121 Twin Cadet mower worth? #8  
Good advice all. Thank you. I listed it for $1,400 and will lower the price if it doesn't sell.

Won’t last long at that price.

/ What's my Woods 10 ft, 121 Twin Cadet mower worth? #9  
I own two of those, and around where I live, about $1000 to $1500 tops.

/ What's my Woods 10 ft, 121 Twin Cadet mower worth? #10  
There is a serial number break in the middle of the 121 production, early ones (model 121-1) had 11,000 ish tip speed and cut is terrible, later ones (model 121-2) had 15,000 ish tip speed and do a really good job. I had an early one and finally got tired of the poor cut so I listed it for $2000 on a local classified site, no nibbles. Ended up selling it for $1000
It appeared to be in about the same shape as yours but was a 3 point hitch.

If yours is an early model, you are about right on the price, if you have a later model you might be a little low.

2 ways to tell the difference. 1 look up serial number on Woods website. 2. Look at the square drive shafts that go between the gear boxes, if there is a snap ring a few inches inboard of each side gear box, you have the old style. If there is a bolt through each shaft in this same location its the new style.