What's going on at Amazon?

/ What's going on at Amazon? #111  
This is not directed at anyone here and I don't mean to veer this thread off too far that it's moved to Friendly Politics but I do get a kick out of out of staters who vote for all the social services in their home state and then do all they can to avoid paying the taxes needed to support said services.

Rant over.

Do many of you guys look for Prime sellers only?

Let's put it this way. I believe I've paid my fair share of taxes and then some. I don't mind paying sale taxes for my state if I think the money will go to my state.
I don't vote for social services in my home state or any state for that matter unless I think a particular social service is needed. Many of them are not. Worse still there are others that are needed and yet were cut because they are not politically popular.

I better stop else this thread get moved to Friendly Politics. :)

/ What's going on at Amazon? #112  
I do a lot of business through Amazon, simply because of their shipping. When I'm searching for something, I always check the Prime box in the selection panel since I'd been burned a few times in the past where a vendor would promise to ship quickly, then once the item was purchased, they'd generate a shipping label and the darn thing would sit in their warehouse for a week before UPS or UPS picked it up. If what I want isn't available in Prime, then I reconsider if I really need it in two days or if I want to make a road trip.

Where I'm at, it's an hour trip each way to get near a big city that might have what I need in stock when I get there, and it seems like every time I attempt to do that, there's a wreck on the interstate somewhere along the line that adds an hour of waiting to a two hour round trip. My time is more valuable to me than to spend time and gas money looking through a windshield.

I did have a situation yesterday where I needed six of a small item for a repair job to fix a gate that had been destroyed and the gate needed to be fixed ASAP. Not having the time even for a Prime delivery, I made the trip up the road to the big city just to buy $5.88 worth of parts, an hour up, 1/2 hour in the store, then an hour back, burning $2.45 a gallon gasoline at 15 MPG. It just wasn't worth it, but when SWMBO says to fix the gate, then the gate is gonna get fixed.

So for me at least, Amazon is about the only way to go.

/ What's going on at Amazon? #115  
I have purchased one thing, maybe two in my life from Amazon.

Isn't that crazy in this day and age? I do use bing and google a lot for price comparisons. But I usually go to the vendor or retail site/store direct.

/ What's going on at Amazon? #116  
I also prefer Prime sellers, but will also consider those with good ratings that ship for free. Reliability and service after the sale are as important to me as price, especially on big ticket items. Increasingly I'm finding that things that used to be readily available in hardware, auto parts, lumber, electronics, and especially computer stores are out of stock or they just don't have the selection they once had. I try to support my local merchants, but if they don't carry what I need, I don't hesitate to go online to find it.

/ What's going on at Amazon? #117  
This is not directed at anyone here and I don't mean to veer this thread off too far that it's moved to Friendly Politics but I do get a kick out of out of staters who vote for all the social services in their home state and then do all they can to avoid paying the taxes needed to support said services.

Rant over.

Do many of you guys look for Prime sellers only?

My best friend is relatively Liberal in a lot of ways. I'm working him towards Libertarian... a little at a time. He is the person you speak of. He fights and schemes against all taxation, but continues to argue the Liberal theology of .gov dependence. He just can't see the incongruence. He always gets pissed at me, when he is ranting about something similar, and when I quit arguing and just sit back and smile, he realizes once again, his disparate views have backed him into a corner.

As far as Prime... I almost ALWAYS choose a Prime participant. It is rare that my savings on a non-Prime seller is worth either the shipping or the time it is likely to take. Not to say I don't, but I always check Prime first and then make a decision. And I buy a LOT of things from Amazon...

/ What's going on at Amazon? #118  
I prefer Prime. But it is not the only vendor I will order from. Eithe way if I want something, I want something.

I have never had a problem with prime.

I have wondered if their free over 35 shipping has gotten slow. Seems it was always fast, regardless of prime.

/ What's going on at Amazon? #119  
I do a lot of business through Amazon, simply because of their shipping. When I'm searching for something, I always check the Prime box in the selection panel since I'd been burned a few times in the past where a vendor would promise to ship quickly, then once the item was purchased, they'd generate a shipping label and the darn thing would sit in their warehouse for a week before UPS or UPS picked it up. If what I want isn't available in Prime, then I reconsider if I really need it in two days or if I want to make a road trip.

Where I'm at, it's an hour trip each way to get near a big city that might have what I need in stock when I get there, and it seems like every time I attempt to do that, there's a wreck on the interstate somewhere along the line that adds an hour of waiting to a two hour round trip. My time is more valuable to me than to spend time and gas money looking through a windshield.

I did have a situation yesterday where I needed six of a small item for a repair job to fix a gate that had been destroyed and the gate needed to be fixed ASAP. Not having the time even for a Prime delivery, I made the trip up the road to the big city just to buy $5.88 worth of parts, an hour up, 1/2 hour in the store, then an hour back, burning $2.45 a gallon gasoline at 15 MPG. It just wasn't worth it, but when SWMBO says to fix the gate, then the gate is gonna get fixed.

So for me at least, Amazon is about the only way to go.

Times 2. I haven't been to a mall in about four years. I still go to box stores because I live within 15 minutes of several HD and Lowes etc but if I can wait for two days I check Amazon first. Not worth the hassle of even a fifteen minute car ride if I can get the item with a mouse click.

/ What's going on at Amazon? #120  
I haven't been to mall for 15 years, except for sears with outside entrance.

I go to fleet farm alot.