Price Check What's a reasonable price for a ck20hst or ck30hst?

/ What's a reasonable price for a ck20hst or ck30hst? #1  
One of my local dealers (about 25 miles away) is having a consignment auction next weekend. They are primarily a Kubota dealer but also carry a few Kioti's. There will be 3 brand new Kioti's there (presumably from the dealer) and I was wondering what a good price would be? The models are as follows:

1.) ck20 hst 4wd
2.) ck20 hst 4wd with loader (no name listed for loader - assumed to be Kioti)
3.) ck20 hst 4wd with Woods lc96 loader

Ultimately, I would like to add a mid-mount mower and backhoe as well. Any ideas on cost for these implements would also be apprceciated.

/ What's a reasonable price for a ck20hst or ck30hst? #2  
Mid mount mowers are not so easy to find for the CK's these days. Kioti quit offering them due to price. You might find them through bobcat. Also, make sure the tractor has the mid PTO. Not sure about CK20's. But, on CK25/27/30/35, it's an option that must be specified. My CK25 does not have a mid PTO.

/ What's a reasonable price for a ck20hst or ck30hst? #3  
Sevensandeights, We must be neighbors. You're planning on going to the GH dealer? I looked there four years ago. He does very little with Kioti and is for the most part a Kubota dealer. He had only three Kiotis when I looked compared to 40 Kubotas. His price was beat by 1k from another dealer without even asking. The CK30 won't have a mid pto as standard but can be added. Not sure about the CK20. One of the dealers here can give you an idea on part price. Good luck on your purchase. I have a CK30hst with 130 fl and 2375 bh. Great little tractor for the past four years. pm me if you have any questions or want to take a real close look at my CK. Vic

/ What's a reasonable price for a ck20hst or ck30hst? #4  
Ultimately, I would like to add a mid-mount mower and backhoe as well. Any ideas on cost for these implements would also be apprceciated.

I'd suggest you reconsider the midmount mower. They are either very expensive or not available anymore for the CK20. Never were made for the CK30 as far as I know.

If you want a mower that doesn't hang off the back very far consider a flail.

If you really want a midmount mower, Kubota is probably the way to go.

/ What's a reasonable price for a ck20hst or ck30hst? #5  
I would also recommend looking at a TYM T233 or T273 if you want a mid mount mower. Nicely sized tractor at a great price too. Or perhaps the Bobcat Kioti equivalents.

/ What's a reasonable price for a ck20hst or ck30hst?
Yeah, we must be neighbors - I live in Mckean (between Edinboro and Erie). I am going to the GH Farms sale this weekend. The Kioti's are brand new tractors sold by GH Farms so I'm sure they have a reserve price set and won't go too cheap.

As for the mid mount mower, the only reason I have been asking is because I found a nice used ck20hst about 4 hours away that has a FEL and mower. Thanks for the tip though if I do decide to go with a new tractor.

I need a good all around small tractor (compact or subcompact) at a reasonable price and woud prefer a used one to save a little money. I have year round access to a 90 HP 4WD New Holland tractor with FEL (at my Dad's farm 1 mile down the road) but I need something to cut 3 acres of grass and move materials. I looked at lawn mowers but you have to pay $3k minimum to get a solid machine and even more for a ZTR model. I looked at the Kubotas (there is a dealer 2 miles from my house) but they seem expensive for what you get. The smaller BX models could handle the grass cutting duties but there is no ground clearance and the FEL capacity is only 500#! I just built a new house and have to put in a bunch of landscaping as well as a few drainage lines so a backhoe attachment would be ideal but I can't believe how expensive they are.

Any input is appreciated!

/ What's a reasonable price for a ck20hst or ck30hst? #7  
The CK20 would serve you well. I used a CK20 TLB to do a lot of land clearing, stump digging and mowing on about 4-5 acres and it was a good match in terms of size. I used a 4ft bush hog for clearing and a 5ft finish mower for regular grass cutting but if I had to do it again I'd get a 5ft flail instead of the other two.

I think you were quoted the list price on the BH so I'd shop around. You might also save some money overall by looking for a used TLB (either a CK20 or one of the equivalent Kubota or JD or Mahindra) as there are good manufacturer discounts and financing on new tractors which is driving down the cost of used. It would likely be cheaper to get a used TLB than to get a used tractor and then buy a new BH for it.

I traded my CK20 TLB with 200hrs for about 12.5K about two years ago. I'd imagine you could get a similar used one now for about that or a little more. Unless you are able to get a CK20 with loader for under 7-8K, the price of a new BH would take you past the 12-13K mark pretty quickly.

Alternatively, this is actually a great time to buy a new TLB as Kioti is giving away the loaders which amounts to a 3K discount right off the bat. I'd certainly explore that route if I were in your shoes. I used Rick Wallace from 300 miles away and I'm sure you'd find a compelling reason to make the trip too if you got on the phone with him and asked what he had to offer.

/ What's a reasonable price for a ck20hst or ck30hst?
Sorry, I have another quick question. In doing some more research on what to buy I have found many posts on various forums implying that Bobcat tractors are the same as Kioti. I have a Bobcat dealer about 10 minutes away (they also sell Montana brand tractors). Are the Bobcat and Kioti tractors the same?

I also want a 10k equipment trailer and the Bobcat dealer sells trailers so maybe I could get a package deal!!!!!!!!!

The used ck20hst (if it's still available) was $9850 with 235 hours, a Kioti FEL, 60" mm rear discharge mower and booty fabbed snow plow blade that fit over the FEL bucket.

/ What's a reasonable price for a ck20hst or ck30hst? #9  
Are the Bobcat and Kioti tractors the same?

Yes they are identical except for paint. However the loaders and backhoes are not the same. I haven't compared the specs recently but the Kioti loader definitely wins and the Kioti BH is a very nice unit too. Another consideration is that Bobcat dealers have not generally been discounting as aggressively as Kioti dealers and Bobcat has to my knowledge not issued any free loader deals.

/ What's a reasonable price for a ck20hst or ck30hst? #10  
Prices varied a lot between dealers when I was tractor shopping (even the same make and models), so get more than 1 price.
It may be differant now, but when I got prices from GH Farms they were thousands of $$ higher than the dealer I purchased from.