What would you do differently if you built a new shop

/ What would you do differently if you built a new shop #91  
Followed this thread since inception, great ideas.
Two things I would love to have in a shop would be a truck well/loading dock and a
Decent sound system. Classical, jazz, or hard rock, your choice but since re lamping my existing shop with T-8 fixtures radio reception has gone has gone to the dogs. Anyone out there experiencing the same problem?
B. John

/ What would you do differently if you built a new shop #92  
Not in a shop, but I just put the first LED into my tractor. It immediately shut down my reception.

I did some research and found that in cheaper LEDs they don't use shielded electronics and it causes significant RFI issues.

I took that light out and sent it back. Purchased some better 'ie more expensive' with CREE LEDs and installed them in the exact same location without a blip in reception. Radio works perfectly. I tried Ferrite clamps on the wire first, but they didn't do a thing. But a better light did the trick.

/ What would you do differently if you built a new shop #93  
Still looking for completed pictures of that fancy,smanchy chicken coop. Judy sayen.
B. John

I have the flu right now, which is why I'm posting so much right now. I walked out there earlier and it wore me out, but it is bothering me just sitting there with nothing happening.

/ What would you do differently if you built a new shop #94  
Followed this thread since inception, great ideas.
Two things I would love to have in a shop would be a truck well/loading dock and a
Decent sound system. Classical, jazz, or hard rock, your choice but since re lamping my existing shop with T-8 fixtures radio reception has gone has gone to the dogs. Anyone out there experiencing the same problem?
B. John

I pay $10 per month for XM. Music is playing 24/7. Happens to be on Classic Rewind right now. Listening to Peter Gabriel's "Big Time". :)

/ What would you do differently if you built a new shop #95  
I pay $10 per month for XM. Music is playing 24/7. Happens to be on Classic Rewind right now. Listening to Peter Gabriel's "Big Time". :)

I did not know xm was that cheap.. I love that song!!:D

/ What would you do differently if you built a new shop #96  

I use a portable unit with a docking station in the shop. Also have a docking station in my Jeep, and a docking station in the road grader. Terry has it in her GC Jeep using the onboard system. I think we pay $20 p/month total.

Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Tightrope" is on now. :)

/ What would you do differently if you built a new shop #97  

If you are close enough to the house,,,
how about Pandora music for free from the internet?

/ What would you do differently if you built a new shop #98  
I'm actually paying SiriusXM $5.00 per month.

Regarding windows. When I built, I put in windows about 18"X48", but put them up high so I'd get plenty of light but high enough that prying eyes couldn't do so easily and climbing up wouldn't be fun.

/ What would you do differently if you built a new shop #100  
I have the flu right now, which is why I'm posting so much right now. I walked out there earlier and it wore me out, but it is bothering me just sitting there with nothing happening.

That's no fun. Get well soon. :thumbsup: