What weird true stories do you know?

/ What weird true stories do you know? #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
Yesterday we're visiting my soon to be 94 year old Mother when the subject came up of bizarre coincidences. Mom's main caregiver is Cathy who is in her 60s, a really nice lady who told this, probably the strangest thing I've ever heard.

In the 1970's Cathy's grandfather was a mechanic at a local factory keeping the machinery running. Cathy said the day before his 65th birthday he was retiring.

He always wore bib overalls but when he left for work that last day he told the family "Tomorrow is a big day, my first day of retirement and I'll be 65. Instead of bib overalls I'd like to wear a suit and tie".

The family was shocked since they had never seen him in a suit.

At work, five minutes before his shift ended he was working on some equipment when a part flew off striking him in the chest killing him instantly.

In just five minutes he would have been retired and on his way home, but instead he was dead, never enjoying retirement or his birthday. However, he got his final wish since he wanted direct burial. The funeral was that very next day, and sure enough the family got to see him in a suit and tie in his coffin.

/ What weird true stories do you know? #2  
Back around 1968 my wife and I took a ride with a couple of our friends down the river looking at old plantations. One plantation we stopped at, Magnolia Plantation, (one of 3 with the same name) was deserted and falling apart. Joe set his camera down on the rickety floor while he sifted through a pile of old debris. Suddenly the camera popped up into the air and the flash went off. Possibly, one of us may have stepped on a loose floorboard that threw the camera up.

We never thought much more of it until a couple of weeks later when he got the film developed. The photo that was taken when the camera popped up in the air contained a smoky looking image of an old black man.............

/ What weird true stories do you know?
Back around 1968 my wife and I took a ride with a couple of our friends down the river looking at old plantations. One plantation we stopped at, Magnolia Plantation, (one of 3 with the same name) was deserted and falling apart. Joe set his camera down on the rickety floor while he sifted through a pile of old debris. Suddenly the camera popped up into the air and the flash went off. Possibly, one of us may have stepped on a loose floorboard that threw the camera up.

We never thought much more of it until a couple of weeks later when he got the film developed. The photo that was taken when the camera popped up in the air contained a smoky looking image of an old black man.............

Wow! Amazing. Hope you kept photo.

/ What weird true stories do you know? #4  
When I was a kid of around 5 to 6 years old, I was sitting on my Grandma's porch in eastern NC. Her house was an old shotgun style about 30 ft off of a gravel road. Anyway... I'm sitting there watching two people walk down the road towards the house; once they reached the gate in the yard fence, they turned.. opened the gate, and walked right past me into the house without saying a word. The one did tip his hat however. So, I jump up and run into the house to see who was visiting, and... no one there. I saw them clear as day but no one else did.

/ What weird true stories do you know? #5  
When I was a kid of around 5 to 6 years old, I was sitting on my Grandma's porch in eastern NC. Her house was an old shotgun style about 30 ft off of a gravel road. Anyway... I'm sitting there watching two people walk down the road towards the house; once they reached the gate in the yard fence, they turned.. opened the gate, and walked right past me into the house without saying a word. The one did tip his hat however. So, I jump up and run into the house to see who was visiting, and... no one there. I saw them clear as day but no one else did.

I had a similar experience when I was a kid. Decades later now and after a suffecient amount of corn squeezins it's happening increasingly often.

/ What weird true stories do you know? #7  
I had a similar experience when I was a kid. Decades later now and after a suffecient amount of corn squeezins it's happening increasingly often.

:laughing: I just pulled 6 mash submarine tanks out of the woods at my farm and burned them up. You are not alone...

Attachments

• 20200311_104316_resized (1).jpg
    20200311_104316_resized (1).jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 144
Amazing.
I assume they appeared solid? Man & woman? Strange they saw you also (tipping hat). Were they dressed like in times past?

Well...here's a weird one happened to my brother, not me.
After he graduated from college in the 70's he decided to travel around the world, his first was alone...just a back pack. No way I would do that!
When he went into India through Pakistan he met a couple guys traveling by backpack also, one from Australia other the UK so they decided to travel together.
At some small village there were people standing around watching a magician perform tricks. Mostly people would ask for a coin or button and the guy would hold out his hands, open and there it was.
The guy from the UK told my brother and other guy "watch this" and said to magician "a Snickers candy bar!".
The magician held out his hands, opened and there it was!
My brother said the UK guy almost fainted, and to this day my brother never has had a logical explanation.