What weight oil do you run in your diesel

/ What weight oil do you run in your diesel #11  
There are lots of ways to go. Yours sounds good to me. Just make sure your oil is diesel rated.

/ What weight oil do you run in your diesel #12  
George, It is rated and well tested over several years.That's why I made the decision to use it, based on experience .

/ What weight oil do you run in your diesel #13  
My dealer recommended straight 30w as temps in my area rarely dip below 15 F.

/ What weight oil do you run in your diesel #14  
I use Castrol 10-40 Syntec- a full synthetic, diesel rated oil in all my cars- both gas and diesel, and my L3010. After using it in my vehicles, and seeing and hearing how much easier the engine cranks over and starts in cold weather, I will NEVER use anything but full synthetics in my engines and trans again.

/ What weight oil do you run in your diesel #15  
It doesn't get very cold in central Texas and both the local John Deere dealer and a John Deere technician that I called recommended straight 30W for my tractor. For me, that's fine; if the temperature is below 35 degrees or above 95 degrees I'm not going to be on the tractor anyway (one of the great pleasures of retirement).

/ What weight oil do you run in your diesel #16  
One of the problems isn't that you aren't on your tractor but what it does to the inside of your tractor and the oil. The biggest factor being condensation.

/ What weight oil do you run in your diesel #17  
Im in Minnesota, it gets cold here, I still have the straight 30W in my tractor that was put in from the dealer. The next change I do I will put in 10W30. I am not too worried about the heavier weight as I keep my TC29D in a heated garage.

Murph

/ What weight oil do you run in your diesel #18  
I agree; accumulations of soot and water are not things I want in my oil. I use synthetic oil in my car and pickup and would like to use it in my tractor, too; however, I've decided to use the less expensive 35W DELO 400 and change every 50 hours to eliminate these contaminants.

/ What weight oil do you run in your diesel #19  
I use the Delo 400 30w but i am one to overkill.I change mine and the filter every 25 hours.

I expect it to last a long time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mine stays in a well insulated garage so I don't worry too much about cold weather.

/ What weight oil do you run in your diesel #20  
I'm using Mobil Delvac 1300 Super in 15W-40 weight.

Have had no problem starting the BX2200 in an unheated garage, up to 10 below zero F.