What VA Benefits are available for seniors?

/ What VA Benefits are available for seniors? #21  
I get 10% discount at Lowes and a few other places using my Veteran designation on my DL.

They just changed it so lumber, appliances and a whole host of other things are not eligible for the discount.

Iirc my screws weren't last time I was there

Unless you get 100% va medical coverage, I would really consider if it would be worth it. I live 2 hours from a VA medical center so I get referrals to civilian doctors all the time. But it's been a nightmare. Taking time off, driving an hour to an appointment to get turned away because the VA forgot to send 1 piece of paper.

/ What VA Benefits are available for seniors? #22  
The VA turned me down the first time. Then, I found out that at least here in KY, there are VA counselors for each or maybe a few counties. Mine helped me and I got approved for tinitis but not for my hearing loss. (M110 8" non combat) I tried the VA for different medical needs and have no complaints but I have to drive about 80 miles to get to my clinic. I mostly use them for my hearing aids and an occasional vaccination. I figure that there are plenty of vets that need their service more than I do. Not that I don't have my issues as between my wife and I, we manage to deduct our medical on our federal tax return.

/ What VA Benefits are available for seniors? #23  
I have veteran on my DL, gets me 15% at the local Ace Hardware. Nearest Lowe's is 100 miles.

/ What VA Benefits are available for seniors? #24  
Interesting thread,
I never have gotten a VA ID card. Have gotten an annual physical for many years.
Have gotten many immunizations through them. Got and still get a bit of disability pension
from them from my prostate cancer which has been in remission for a few years. They have never asked for an ID when I go,
it's usually scheduled or occasionally I've just called my local VA clinic, mine closest on is only 45 minutes away. The large one for my area would be Stratton down in Albany, interestingly that's also were one of my daughters works as a nurse.
She went back to school after being a Medic in the National Guard and having an Iraq tour.