What type of wax to use on a table saw??????????

/ What type of wax to use on a table saw?????????? #1  

JimR

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST
I have a new table saw that I am keeping over at the barn project. The problem is the top keeps trying to rust up on it. I have tried Turtle Wax and a Silicon based wax. Neither of them will keep the water out. What type should I be using? The manual says car wax. So much for that brainy idea as it didn't work or me. I know there has to be a solution to this problem.

/ What type of wax to use on a table saw?????????? #2  
Both Silicone Wax and Auto Wax will rub off onto wood, sometimes causing problems with finishing. I use Slipit from Woodworker's Supply

909-314.jpg

Also, make sure you cover the saw with a cloth cover, not plastic.

/ What type of wax to use on a table saw?????????? #3  
I use Johnson's wood paste wax. It does not have silicon in it and seals the pores, helps prevent rust and cuts down on friction. Be careful using waxes that have silicon, on your saw, it will get on your wood and prevent the finish from adhering and show up as a splotch on your wood.

/ What type of wax to use on a table saw?????????? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I use Johnson's wood paste wax. )</font>

That's what I use also. I've found it to be inexpensive and effective.
Cliff

/ What type of wax to use on a table saw?????????? #5  
Not to sound like an echo...but I use Johnson's paste wax too... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ What type of wax to use on a table saw?????????? #6  
Another ditto for Johnson's. I tried Slipit but found it also left some residue on some woods. Both work, but go cheap.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave in VA

/ What type of wax to use on a table saw?????????? #7  
Paste wax....always have....

Regards,
Kevin

/ What type of wax to use on a table saw?????????? #8  
I do a lot of woodworking and I use Boeshield T-9 on all of my cast iron surfaces. I find that it works better than paste wax. Just spray it on when you're done with the saw and wipe it off with a rag when you're ready to use your saw again. I haven't had any issues with this product causing problems with glues or finishes.

It also works as a darn good dry lubricant for your tablesaw trunnion adjustment screws or anywhere else you don't want a lot of sawdust to stick to grease but still need a lubricated surface...

Boeshield

Boxman

/ What type of wax to use on a table saw?????????? #9  
Appreciate the tip on Boeshield. Amazon.com has a good price and free shipping for over $25. Three-product package contains T-9, Rust Free, and Blade and Bit $26.99.

Dave in VA

/ What type of wax to use on a table saw??????????
Thanks for the tips guys. It looks like Johnson's is the winer in use and price. I will give that one a try and see what happens. The other products mentioned I have never seen or heard of. They both look like good quality products also.