What type of gun is this?

/ What type of gun is this? #61  
There is no such thing as a silencer, unless the round used is also sub-sonic. Hate to say it, but Hollywood gets it wrong all the time, with the "Peuuuu, Peuuuu," non-sense. I've attempted this on many guns and rounds. The silencer , as it is portrayed in popular media, is a joke. AS they are equating a silencer with a suppressor. :) Unfortunatly, many people have been hassled, by BATF if they bought too many oil filters. BATF thinking that these were to be converted to silencers. This is the low fruit, cause you can't make a silencer for a 9 Mill, and you certainly can't make a silencer for a rifle of any kind, but you can make a suppressor.

Last edited:
   / What type of gun is this? #62  
There is no such thing as a suppressor, unless the round used is also sub-sonic. Hate to say it, but Hollywood gets it wrong all the time, with the "Peuuuu, Peuuuu," non-sense. I've attempted this on many guns and rounds. Suppression, as it is portrayed in popular media, is a joke. :) Unfortunatly, many people have been hassled, by BATF if they bought too many oil filters. BATF thinking that these were to be converted to suppressors. This is the low fruit, cause you can't make a suppressor for a 9 Mill, and you certainly can't make one for a rifle of any kind.
Back in the early 80's I had a State Police Officer show me a little Beretta 21A with a suppressor and sub-sonic rounds. When he shot it, I thought it had misfired, as all I heard was a very small click of metal. That turned out to be the action cycling. There was virtually no sound a normal person would associate with a gunshot. It was quite impressive. Very similar to the 2nd suppressor shown in this video.

/ What type of gun is this? #63  
There is almost no diff between the subsonic alone and the use of the suppressor.

/ What type of gun is this? #64  
There is almost no diff between the subsonic alone and the use of the suppressor.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I shot .22 competitively for 5 years in my youth. I have permanent hearing damage from it. I know the difference in sound levels to my ears, and there's a very noticeable difference.

/ What type of gun is this? #65  
Here's a study I found from 2011 that shows HUGE drops in sound levels from a rifle and a pistol when using sub sonic .22 with and without suppressors.

/ What type of gun is this? #66  
We can't play the this game any more. An AR is not a hunting long gun. Its a military weapon. At some point we have to figure this out. Why do people have these weapons. And Uhmmm.... its not because you have a re-accruing stampede of rodents. You want it because it is the last way to make sure there isn't a dictator in this country. Just admit that, and you own a military rifle because, you want to, and it is your right, to straight out own it. I hate this whole ARs are hunting rifles.. They are not, and were never designed to be hunting rifles. They are designed to kill people. We embrace that, or we do not. In my area, everyone has guns. The civil war would be over in 4 hours. And no one is going to ask the guy next to them if they were a democrat or a republican.
OK, so I knew you were full of BS when you started with "an AR is not..."

You are misunderstanding the allure of the AR15. It is so desirable, so widely popular, and so commonly owned by gun enthusiasts because it is.....well, whatever you want it to be, and it does "it" so well, no matter what "it" is.

Target, competition, self defense, SHTF, and yes, even hunting. .223/5.56 is a small caliber in the scheme of things but it is just so versatile. If I had to choose only one of my many guns and calibers to keep as an all around survival tool, it would probably be an AR15. However, it would be a tough call vs an 870 12 ga with varying rounds. Both are so versatile, so common, and so reliable. There could be an argument for the AR10 7.62/.308 also. But I think the 5.56 would most likely win in the end.

/ What type of gun is this? #67  
OK, so I knew you were full of BS when you started with "an AR is not..."

You are misunderstanding the allure of the AR15. It is so desirable, so widely popular, and so commonly owned by gun enthusiasts because it is.....well, whatever you want it to be, and it does "it" so well, no matter what "it" is.

Target, competition, self defense, SHTF, and yes, even hunting. .223/5.56 is a small caliber in the scheme of things but it is just so versatile. If I had to choose only one of my many guns and calibers to keep as an all around survival tool, it would probably be an AR15. However, it would be a tough call vs an 870 12 ga with varying rounds. Both are so versatile, so common, and so reliable. There could be an argument for the AR10 7.62/.308 also. But I think the 5.56 would most likely win in the end.
Only 1 gun allowed, I'd take the shotgun.

Only 1 tool allowed, I'd take an axe.

/ What type of gun is this? #68  
Interesting what two people looking at the same picture see.

I didn't see any gun "parts" laid out. I saw some handguns with the slides locked open and the magazines laying there. And a couple rifles with the mags laying there. The only thing I don't recognize is item(s) laying below the upper rifle's magazines. Some sort of sights or lights, or short tube, I'm just guessing as the photos are grainy and my knowledge of that rifle is pretty tiny. Never seen one up close.

That one of the pistols has it's barrel near the rifle's buffer tube ( I think that's what it's called) and someone thinks they're trying to portray it as a suppressor refers back to my comment about what two people see looking at the same picture. Not so much what they see, I guess, as what they interpret.
The lower right of the picture. The "gun" in question for this whole thread.

Its an incomplete upper laid next to (not attached) a lower to make it appear as if it were a functional weapon.

/ What type of gun is this? #69  
The lower right of the picture. The "gun" in question for this whole thread.

Its an incomplete upper laid next to (not attached) a lower to make it appear as if it were a functional weapon.
AH! I see that now. Thank you.

/ What type of gun is this? #70  
AH! I see that now. Thank you.
It also doesnt even have the BCG (bolt carrier group), so therefore no way to even fire if it WERE pinned to the lower. Just gun "parts" laid out to make people believe its an "evil assault rifle"

I have no issues with the bust at all. Thieves, crack heads, criminals.....they deserve punishment. I just dont like deceptive mis-representation of the situation. Thats all im sayin