What tractor do you think is the quietest ever?

/ What tractor do you think is the quietest ever? #21  
Well, there's your answer - you don't need a different tractor; you need a different house.

rScotty
Oh for a sec there, I read that as different wife haha!

/ What tractor do you think is the quietest ever? #22  
My neighbor runs a John Deere 5075E and it's amazing how quiet that tractor is. Like, really really quiet.

Which is funny because the 4-series and below that don't use JD engines are the loudest tractors I've ever seen. Those things make deaf operators wear hearing protection. lol.
Ever heard a 2 stroke Detroit (GM) up close? they also Rev higher than most diesels as well. Neat engine but a real screamer.

Always thought our Case Agri King had a very quiet 6.6 liter 6 cylinder turbo diesel Have a T250 Bobcat with a Kubota V3300 DIT in the extended family and imo it is real quiet and smooth. My China rhino tractor 495A is also quiet except for the gears that drive the injector pump and cam, straight cut so they whine which is what can be heard at a distance, but the diesel engine has virtually no rattle/knock at all.

Always wondered whether it was the piston bowl design or maybe being a dry liner engine.

It is interesting how some direct injected diesels are quiet while others are knockers, older Cummins , Yanmar and Shibaura all come to mind as rattlers at idle, but some very long lived reliable engines.

Heck even a 1 year difference in the same basic diesel engine makes a difference in how it "sounds."
I have a 2003 RAM with 5.9 Cummins Turbo diesel. Wife has a 2004 RAM, Cummins made a few changes in the engine pistons and other changes like injector timing and pulse width events in the 5.9.
Her engine is significantly quieter running than mine.

Last edited:
   / What tractor do you think is the quietest ever? #23  
Is wifey's complaint about the TRACTOR or the MOWER on the tractor? Is there a particular piece of the noise spectrum she hates? Some high-pitched squeal you can't hear anymore - like a hydraulic overpressure valve opening, belt slippage, or a bearing on its way to the great beyond?

My mower is especially noisy if the blades aren't well balanced - the deck will vibrate. Brandy-new blades are usually well balanced but if your sharpener doesn't do a decent job balancing it's going to be noiser.

Anyway, if you're headed to get another tractor, take her shopping! What's her favorite color?

/ What tractor do you think is the quietest ever? #24  
Buy some horses. They eat all the grass. No need for cutting grass anymore.

/ What tractor do you think is the quietest ever? #25  
It would be for sure…guess she doesn’t like walking around with them on.
Apple AirPods Pro's have GREAT noise canceling and the are in ear, not headphone style. I use them when I'm running my flail mower.

/ What tractor do you think is the quietest ever? #26  
I misunderstood (I think) the reference. It appears you are talking lawn tractor/mower. My CUT is quiet enough to not need hearing protection even when mowing with the 60" FM.

However...my Hustler ZTM is quiet enough when just driving but when the mowing deck is engaged it's like being on the deck of an aircraft carrier during flight operations.

My neighbor's Cub Cadets sound like harvester combines when his kids are mowing (two mowing at once) and we are each on 11-12 acre lots.

/ What tractor do you think is the quietest ever? #27  
Loud tractors are kinda nice. Gives you a reason to ignore mother in law or wife :LOL:

/ What tractor do you think is the quietest ever? #28  
Loud tractors are kinda nice. Gives you a reason to ignore mother in law or wife :LOL:
Now thats funny! I just use earplugs for that (for the noise reduction).

/ What tractor do you think is the quietest ever? #29  
By far the quietest tractor I ever saw/heard was the General Electric Electrak. Only noise it made was the whirring blades under the mower deck.

I bet the new battery operated zero turns from Ryobi and Ego are quiet too.