What to Look for in Used 110 TLB

/ What to Look for in Used 110 TLB #1  

MiserableOldFart

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH Workmaster 40, Kubota GR2120
See an nice looking 110 for sale at a price that is way beyond anything I should consider, but actually would be fair given the prices I'm seeing out there. 1000 hours.

What should I be looking for other than the usual drips, leaks, and broken stuff? Anything specific to this model that I should be aware of? From what I've read this is a very solid, well made piece of equipment.. true?

Any advice would be appreciated.

/ What to Look for in Used 110 TLB #2  
Would there be a link to the 110 we could take a look at?

I'm in the same situation right now. As long as it functions properly one of the main things to look at is to see how many remotes it has. Whether it has the front remote or the remote on the bh, also the remotes for a 3ph attachment or a top n tilt system will really vary the price. If you want a 3ph be sure it says that it has it as it was about a $800 option. I too am looking for a 110 but there are plenty of 110 owners out there that will help you out a lot more.

/ What to Look for in Used 110 TLB #3  
You ideally want all offered hydro options, belly pans and I personally look for low hrs. The 110 paint seems to fade in the sun so you should be able to tell if it was garage kept. I really think the hydro options are the most important since they can't be added after the fact. Though there are other ways to add controls just not factory fit and finish.

Matt:thumbsup:

/ What to Look for in Used 110 TLB
Thanks for the replies, guys. This is probably pretty much a pipe dream anyway. Not even sure the dealer still has it. It's a lot of money, but in the pictures it looks well taken care of. Of course it would help to know what these babies go for new.. I'd appreciate anyone that can tell me as the JD site doesn't really give any info at all on it.

Don't know if this has a 3pt hitch.. I can't see any sign of it in the picture, but don't know what should be visible with the hoe on there. Thanks for the info on that, too.. didn't know it was an option.

IRON Search - 2004 John Deere 110 Tractor Loader Backhoe For Sale By Columbia Tractor in New York

/ What to Look for in Used 110 TLB #5  
Thanks for the replies, guys. This is probably pretty much a pipe dream anyway. Not even sure the dealer still has it. It's a lot of money, but in the pictures it looks well taken care of. Of course it would help to know what these babies go for new.. I'd appreciate anyone that can tell me as the JD site doesn't really give any info at all on it.

Don't know if this has a 3pt hitch.. I can't see any sign of it in the picture, but don't know what should be visible with the hoe on there. Thanks for the info on that, too.. didn't know it was an option.

IRON Search - 2004 John Deere 110 Tractor Loader Backhoe For Sale By Columbia Tractor in New York

Does seem a bit pricy. I think that you could get him in the 25-27,000 range and I'd buy it. Doesn't have either the FEL or the BH hydraulics which is kind of disappointing but it must have at least one rear remote according to the description.

I don't know where you are but for LESS money I would take a lot harder look at this one:
2006 DEERE 110 Machines - Loader Backhoes For Sale At MachineryTrader.com

Newer, less hours, has the hydraulics on both the FEL and BH, has a thumb, 3ph with a box blade and equal to or the same condition for a lower price.

I found this through my searches for a 110 and it's more than I want to pay and 1500 miles away from me so shipping puts it even farther out of my range but even if your in New York I would look at this machine. I put in a random NY postal code into the shipping quote function on the page with an estimated weight of 8000# and it came out at ~$2000 for shipping. So $1000 more for all those more options. I would be checking this thing out but its about $7000 too much for me w/ shipping so I don't think they'd come down that far or it'd be in my barn:thumbsup:

/ What to Look for in Used 110 TLB #6  
I paid just over $46K for mine in 2008. That includes $850 for pallet forks and $2,200 for a HD root grapple and $2K for shipping.

So, that's right at $41K with all the hydraulic options - front and rear; thumb, Top n Tilt, rear lights, stabilizer guards, slow moving sign-cupholder (I know.. but it was $65.00).

That's a very reasonable price for the Montana, JD110 machine. Looks to be a pretty straight, clean machine. Shipping is the "fly in the ointment"....

AKfish

/ What to Look for in Used 110 TLB #7  
Does seem a bit pricy. I think that you could get him in the 25-27,000 range and I'd buy it. Doesn't have either the FEL or the BH hydraulics which is kind of disappointing but it must have at least one rear remote according to the description.

Too high - IMO. IIRC; you cannot order just one or two additional rear SCV's - you have to get the package of 3 remotes - or none at all.

They must be referring to the rear, Power Beyond circuit for the backhoe.

AKfish

/ What to Look for in Used 110 TLB #8  
I should mention I tried to get the same price for a 110 from the dealer AK delt with. I was quoted 2k more without the shipping, my local dealer wouldn't touch the southern dealers price. 110's seem to hold there value pretty well.

It seems that deere cancelling production of the 110 has increased interest and kept the cost up. The belly of the 110 is wide open so the belly guard is a must and I'd also recommend the stabilizer guards also.

Matt

/ What to Look for in Used 110 TLB #9  
I really liked the one in Montana. Just wish it was in my budget, the budget your looking at though I think it would be perfect.

/ What to Look for in Used 110 TLB #10  
I just bought a John Deere 110 TLB , 2005 model with 775 hrs , Thumb , regular 72" loader. I have now put 100 hrs on it , and doing a thorough service right now. Overall , very pleased. Odd little things, end tooth came off, and I'm pounding , drilling, doing whatever possible to get the spiral like key, screw or whatever it's called so I can put a new one on. Did a radiator flush, flushed very clean , but I am having trouble getting 2.3 gallons of Cool Guard back in. I might have 1.8 gallons in, and can't get it to take anymore. I have had no performance problems, no overheat ect. Please advise