What to do with a Ford 4000?

/ What to do with a Ford 4000? #11  
No way would I scrap it. The 4000 is a great small-acreage utility tractor. Which transmission do you have - 4 or 5-speed? Does it have live PTO via a 2-stage clutch? Does it have power steering? It's about a 50-horsepower engine and will pull a 3-bottom plow. Splitting the tractor to replace the clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bearing is not that big of a deal. If you have live PTO, the clutch will be a lot more expensive so the buyer needs to take that into consideration. But, with some cash investment and a little work, someone will have a very handy working tractor. Here in central Virginia, you could get $1,500 for it as it is.
Might be worth starting with adjusting the clutch and seeing if it just has worn the linkage enough that it's not lifting the pressure plate off of the clutch disc far enough to disconnect everything.
That could be a 15 minute fix.

Aaron Z

/ What to do with a Ford 4000?
No power steering. That is a shock absorber.
I really don't want to mess with it.

/ What to do with a Ford 4000? #13  
That is not a shock absorber. PS cylinder is anchored to the radius arm and mounts on the "tie rod". See the attached.

1678064857752.png

/ What to do with a Ford 4000? #14  
Yes it has power steering, you can see the pump in one of the pics. Now how well it works is another question.

/ What to do with a Ford 4000? #15  
Dont scrap that!! As a mechanic that’s a great ‘mechanic special’, and since youre ok getting 1k for it you shouldnt have any trouble getting rid of it. Glad you asked TBN before calling any scrappers!

John
It must not work then. It was always hard to steer.
I will list it on this sight, market place craigs list.
Any suggestions on another sight to list it?
Thank you for the input.

I will be taking 2 cars to the scrapyard in the next week or so.
Just have to be sure the gas is all drained.

/ What to do with a Ford 4000? #17  
Dont scrap that!! As a mechanic that’s a great ‘mechanic special’, and since youre ok getting 1k for it you shouldnt have any trouble getting rid of it. Glad you asked TBN before calling any scrappers!
Absolutely!! Buy it for $1k, put maybe another $1,500 into it and you'll have a solid worker that you could flip for $4,000 in this area. There is a reason these old Fords are still around after 60 years - this one is from '62-64 and with a little love, it'll operate for another 60 years. This essentially is the equivalent of an 861 red belly Ford with power steering. People fight over them at farm auctions around here.

If anyone is interested it is for sale. I will NOT scrap it. Just contact me.