What size rotary cutter for 7360, 36hp 4' or 5'

/ What size rotary cutter for 7360, 36hp 4' or 5' #1  

dweitzel

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7360SS
What size rotary cutter for 7360, 36hp 4\' or 5\'

I need to start re-claiming some fence line and pasture that is heavily grown up. Weeds and brush about 2' to 3' high, some locust trees about 1 to 1.5". The grass is very thick. The terrain is some flat to very hilly.

I will be able to re-mow about 2 months apart durring the summer. What size woods bushbull rotary cutter can I put on this comfortably? a 48" or a 60". I really do not want to tear up the tractor and oversize the cutter or have to fight this thing or take half cuts to make it work.

The woods 48" weighs 456 lbs and the 60" weighs 554 lbs.

48" is 12 gauge deck and 60" is 11 gauge.

Woods rates the 48" for a tractor with 15-50 hp and the 60" for 25-50 hp.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

/ What size rotary cutter for 7360, 36hp 4' or 5'
What size rotary cutter for 7360, 36hp 4\' or 5\'

I need to start re-claiming some fence line and pasture that is heavily grown up. Weeds and brush about 2' to 3' high, some locust trees about 1 to 1.5". The grass is very thick. The terrain is some flat to very hilly.

I will be able to re-mow about 2 months apart durring the summer. What size woods bushbull rotary cutter can I put on this comfortably? a 48" or a 60". I really do not want to tear up the tractor and oversize the cutter or have to fight this thing or take half cuts to make it work.

The woods 48" weighs 456 lbs and the 60" weighs 554 lbs.

48" is 12 gauge deck and 60" is 11 gauge.

Woods rates the 48" for a tractor with 15-50 hp and the 60" for 25-50 hp.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

/ What size rotary cutter for 7360, 36hp 4' or 5' #3  
Re: What size rotary cutter for 7360, 36hp 4\' or 5\'

A 5' brush hog would be just right for that tractor. Those are nice tractors. I like there layout.

/ What size rotary cutter for 7360, 36hp 4' or 5' #4  

A 5' brush hog would be just right for that tractor. Those are nice tractors. I like there layout.

/ What size rotary cutter for 7360, 36hp 4' or 5' #5  

I have a 6' Land Pride mower that I use with my 7360. I chose 6' because that's the width of the tractor at the rear wheels. I bought mine used. It was a little beat-up, but it had a slip clutch and was in good working order. If I bought a new one, I would not have been able to buy the slip clutch. I have no problem running the 6' mower.

/ What size rotary cutter for 7360, 36hp 4' or 5' #6  

I have a 6' Land Pride mower that I use with my 7360. I chose 6' because that's the width of the tractor at the rear wheels. I bought mine used. It was a little beat-up, but it had a slip clutch and was in good working order. If I bought a new one, I would not have been able to buy the slip clutch. I have no problem running the 6' mower.

/ What size rotary cutter for 7360, 36hp 4' or 5' #7  

I also run a 72"er behind the 7360. Woods BrushBull (with slip clutch) as a matter of fact. It runs fine even in larger rose bushes etc. The only time it bogs a bit is in thicker taller grass. You might be able to travel at a faster ground speed with a narrower mower, but like Rozett said, the 6 footer covers the rear wheels nicely. They are heavier though too, so keep that in mind.

- Gerald

/ What size rotary cutter for 7360, 36hp 4' or 5' #8  

I also run a 72"er behind the 7360. Woods BrushBull (with slip clutch) as a matter of fact. It runs fine even in larger rose bushes etc. The only time it bogs a bit is in thicker taller grass. You might be able to travel at a faster ground speed with a narrower mower, but like Rozett said, the 6 footer covers the rear wheels nicely. They are heavier though too, so keep that in mind.

- Gerald

Thanks all for the info. The woods dealer I spoke to mentioned that the slip clutch needs maintenance if I only use it every other month or so. He claims that the clutch bolts (6) need to be loosened and moved and re-tightened to keep the clutch from binding (rusting) up and tearing out the gear box. Does this sound correct? Has anyone had problems with the slip clutch binding?

David

Thanks all for the info. The woods dealer I spoke to mentioned that the slip clutch needs maintenance if I only use it every other month or so. He claims that the clutch bolts (6) need to be loosened and moved and re-tightened to keep the clutch from binding (rusting) up and tearing out the gear box. Does this sound correct? Has anyone had problems with the slip clutch binding?

David