What kind of vintage car do you wish you had?

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #111  
My Scout Master in Boy Scouts had a 69-75 model Travelall. It was pretty cool. They are smaller than a Suburban, though.
That didn't match what I remember so I looked it up. You are kinda right, in 1969 Suburban got a foot longer. Before that they were about the same with the International an inch or two longer according to Wikipedia.

And looking at the earliest Suburbans, from 1935 on - I had forgotten how exotic the early ones were. A neighbor had one. The ultimate Rat Rod in running, unrestored condition. When I saw it my first thought was 'I want one!' Here's one all fancied up. It's hard to believe 207 CI was enough (later 216 CI) for anything that big.

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #112  
Bought this fully restored a little over a year ago. It's 92 years old and runs great. Joined the local Model A club which has a wealth of knowledge, really nice and interesting people, and a stock of specialty tools to loan. The club does tours where 6 to 10 cars drive to points of interest, socialize, eat, and return. Great fun to drive with lots of waves, thumbs up, and smiles. I've driven it over 3,000 miles and never been stranded (knock on wood). If you buy a restored car, they are really inexpensive compared to other classics. In late June there will be a national meet in Conway, New Hampshire and several hundreds of Model A's will show up for a week of touring.

AHOOGA!

1619014249966.jpeg

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #113  
Bought this fully restored a little over a year ago. It's 92 years old and runs great. Joined the local Model A club which has a wealth of knowledge, really nice and interesting people, and a stock of specialty tools to loan. The club does tours where 6 to 10 cars drive to points of interest, socialize, eat, and return. Great fun to drive with lots of waves, thumbs up, and smiles. I've driven it over 3,000 miles and never been stranded (knock on wood). If you buy a restored car, they are really inexpensive compared to other classics. In late June there will be a national meet in Conway, New Hampshire and several hundreds of Model A's will show up for a week of touring.

AHOOGA!

View attachment 695515

I attended a car show in Eureka Springs a few years back, and was looking at a Model A Ford, when I noticed an AC compressor under the hood. I couldn't believe it. I talked to the owner, he said it was a Model A engine, but an industrial version that was a lot more powerful...and the AC worked great...and the car had sufficient power with the AC on!

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #114  
I attended a car show in Eureka Springs a few years back, and was looking at a Model A Ford, when I noticed an AC compressor under the hood. I couldn't believe it. I talked to the owner, he said it was a Model A engine, but an industrial version that was a lot more powerful...and the AC worked great...and the car had sufficient power with the AC on!
Who would bastardize a magnificent Model A, with a less than original car engine and an A/C?

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #116  
Father in Law had a Model T- now that was a handful to drive.
That A looks amazing!

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #117  
I think there is a company or person that sells an air conditioner kit for Model A's. The coil goes under the car toward the rear. Standard horsepower is 40. A high compression head (from standard 4.1 to 5.5 or 6.1) and a touring cam will up the horsepower into the 50's.

The standard coupes and sedans have the windshield hinged at the top so you can push the bottom out and air is deflected by the dash down on your legs and feet. It works well as long as you're moving.

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #118  
The Lincoln from Animal house, after parade mods :)
Or a Miura....

/ What kind of vintage car do you wish you had? #120