What kind of Holster for a 380 ?

/ What kind of Holster for a 380 ? #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
I currently carry a Ruger LCP 380 in a wallet holster. The holster is perfect for carrying and nobody realizing you are armed which is what I want. The only problem is that it tends to pull my pants down on the right side. I understand that this is the reason these holsters are not that popular. What I am looking for is a holster that will allow me to carry this little pistol and it not be apparent I am armed.

Please no arguments about the relative stopping power of a 380 as opposed to a 9mm or 45ACP.

Any suggestions? Preferably from somebody who also carries a small 380.

Be nice please.

RSKY

/ What kind of Holster for a 380 ? #2  
I️ use a Sticky brand for my Glock 42. Love it

/ What kind of Holster for a 380 ? #3  
My Wife has the LCP380. She no longer carries it, but when she did she preferred a belly band. Those are perfect for those tiny little guns, and you can wear them with even loose-fitting clothes like athletic shorts or sweat pants.

Is yours a Gen1 or Gen2? Hers is Gen1 (with the metal trigger), and she had some feed issues caused by loose fit of the magazine.

/ What kind of Holster for a 380 ? #4  
I carry my LCP everywhere it's legal for me to do so. I generally carry in a ******** Super Fly pocket holster. I can draw from it pretty fast, too.

I had the same issue with my pants. I'm a slender dude, not a whole lot of butt to keep my jeans up. My solution was a proper gun belt. Made a big difference. Mine is a Wilderness Tactical 5-stitch. Also great for caring iwb.

Sometimes I'll carry the LCP Iwb in my Crossbreed SuperTuck (or maybe it's a mini-tuck). It's comfortable in that as well.

I used to carry my S&W M&P Shield .40 everywhere, but it got a bit annoying at times. Now that's the pistol I carry while hiking, but always have the LCP on me too!

/ What kind of Holster for a 380 ? #5  
For my LCP, I'm also a pocket holster fan. Right now, I use an Uncle Mikes...but that's not really a great holster. It tends to pull out with the gun.
I have a Sticky holster for a Kahr CW9 (9mm caliber) which is really nice...stays in the holster when drawing the gun. Not very expensive either...$25 to $30.
So...another vote for a Sticky holster...

BTW, I more often carry the LCP as a backup during the colder months when I'm wearing a Filson wool vest. The LCP is a great little vest pocket gun. And, the .380 round may not be a man killer, but it's sure a man stopper, which is all I'm looking for.
Other than an occasional stovepipe when racking the slide (which isn't the gun...it's me), it's been a reliable little gun.

Since the LCP (first generation) only weighs about 9 oz, I'm really surprised it weighs your pocket down.

/ What kind of Holster for a 380 ? #6  
I currently carry a Ruger LCP 380 in a wallet holster. The holster is perfect for carrying and nobody realizing you are armed which is what I want. The only problem is that it tends to pull my pants down on the right side. I understand that this is the reason these holsters are not that popular. What I am looking for is a holster that will allow me to carry this little pistol and it not be apparent I am armed.

Please no arguments about the relative stopping power of a 380 as opposed to a 9mm or 45ACP.

Any suggestions? Preferably from somebody who also carries a small 380.

Be nice please.

RSKY
Check out the "Uncle Mikes nylon OT inside the pocket holder". (Amazon & E-Bay)
Cheap, and very effective.

/ What kind of Holster for a 380 ? #7  
I have an LCP (Gen 2) ... I typically use the Ruger pocket holster that was included with it and carry it in my right front pocket.

I also have an ambidextrous IWB/OWB leather holster (in black) for it which I really liked ... but don't often use anymore since I got the Glock:

Belt Slide Holster - Premium Leather - AMBIDEXTROUS - www.Holsterama.com

Pretty much always have the LCP on me and if I leave the property the Glock goes along too.

/ What kind of Holster for a 380 ? #8  
Other than an occasional stovepipe when racking the slide (which isn't the gun...it's me), it's been a reliable little gun.

The issue my Wife found with her LCP was a frequent FTF. We found that it was due to a bit of sloppiness in the magazine fit. If she put any pressure against the mag extension with her fingers, it was pulling it out of alignment and causing misfeeds. I experienced the same failures with it. Once we figured that out, it was fairly easy to avoid. However, at that point, she already didn't trust carrying it. It's pretty much an occasional range toy for her now. Shame, really, as it could be a nice little pocket gun.

/ What kind of Holster for a 380 ?
In several years and several hundred rounds a year I have only had one stovepipe failure to eject. Other than that my LCP has been flawless. It is a Gen1.

I ordered a Sticky holster last night.

I also posted twice last night that did not show up for some reason!

Anyway, keep the ideas coming.

RSKY

/ What kind of Holster for a 380 ? #10  
The issue my Wife found with her LCP was a frequent FTF. We found that it was due to a bit of sloppiness in the magazine fit. If she put any pressure against the mag extension with her fingers, it was pulling it out of alignment and causing misfeeds. I experienced the same failures with it. Once we figured that out, it was fairly easy to avoid. However, at that point, she already didn't trust carrying it. It's pretty much an occasional range toy for her now. Shame, really, as it could be a nice little pocket gun.

That sucks, and if I had that issue with mine I wouldn't trust it for daily carry either! I had some failure to ejects with mine, but it was due to crap ammo. I use Winchester white box and never had the problem again.