What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,041  
Coincidence? I don’t think so.

Quite advanced data collection.

MoKelly

Now to see if there are videos on data collection.

No, but did have 2 on railroads, and I just read that thread, and one on outdoor faucets that was in another just looked at thread.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,042  
Main skeleton of US state structure is a copy of Ottoman. They copied it from Ottoman.

The Ottomans kept the last of the books from the library of Alexandria, which they "lost" to the Europeans right before the renaissance. I have read a few books on the Ottoman empire-talk about failure from inbreeding and borrowing to live the high life. In it's prime, one of the most efficient administrations to ever rule.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,043  
Here are the 5 per Wiki-

— Persian

— Roman

— Caliphate.

— Mongol

— British

MoKelly
Sorry, y'all would fail that history assignment. 1st mistake is citing wiki as a source.

Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, a few Chinese dynasties, Aztec...the list goes on.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,044  
Sorry, y'all would fail that history assignment. 1st mistake is citing wiki as a source.

Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, a few Chinese dynasties, Aztec...the list goes on.
depends on how you define empire although, if you are on the receiving end, semantics probably don't matter.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,045  
I teach history and economics. Unless you are narrowing to something like most influential, which is subjective and arbitrary, there is no academically sound definition that would get the number anywhere near 5. There well over a hundred historical empires.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,047  
I did not know my ottoman had an empire
img37z.jpg

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,048  
Nothing Runs like a Deere

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,049  
7 years of college down the drain-Blutarsky

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,050  
Take me back to the wagon boys, these shoes are killin' me!