What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,722  
Another job site saying when someone’s craftsmanship was in question: “ well... that’s good enough for the girls I know”. Didn’t make any sense but it was popular.
You tickled my memory with one I haven't seen (no pun intended) here yet.

"Can't see it from my house".

Also

"Is it good?"
"Good enough"

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,725  
I am amazed at the variety of human creativity.

This thread is at 5734 posts, and a good portion (well more than half, I think?) are quotes or sayings. Quotes or sayings that are pretty widely known, for the most part.

Now consider that all the ones I've seen so far are in (American) English. Every language has idioms which are totally meaningless in a different language. Even if we say that only 100 languages have an average number of quotes/sayings similar to the (American) English, we are talking somewhere in the neighborhood of 250,000 distinct quotes/sayings.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,726  
I am amazed at the variety of human creativity.

This thread is at 5734 posts, and a good portion (well more than half, I think?) are quotes or sayings. Quotes or sayings that are pretty widely known, for the most part.

Now consider that all the ones I've seen so far are in (American) English. Every language has idioms which are totally meaningless in a different language. Even if we say that only 100 languages have an average number of quotes/sayings similar to the (American) English, we are talking somewhere in the neighborhood of 250,000 distinct quotes/sayings.
As someone once said "that's a 💩 Load of quotes"

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,727  
All to often I would hear " I hope you brought your 1/2" caulk with you today" and I would say if I knew you were doing the finish work I would have! We would bust balls all day long! Those were the good old days!👍🏻😂✌🏻
I remember being on a commercial site when open wiring started to be more common. I looked up at one guy's work and said "that looks like h3ll". He said "come back after I put the ceiling tile in, it will look much better then".

These days with open ceilings they can't do that as much.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,729  
“California’s back to a two-party system: the Democrats and the Screen Actors Guild.” -Bob Hope

oops, that might political. Disregard. But it was funny.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,730  
I guess if I wanted it done right, I should have done it myself.