What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,391  
Glad you have a sense of humor...my Grandson is a CPA; I told him the joke about the constipated accountant and all I got was a grimace. I will have to say I've heard enough lawyer jokes until some are actually funny now.

Back in the day, the only profession we (accountants) could make fun of were actuaries!

MoKelly

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,392  
Back in the day, the only profession we (accountants) could make fun of were actuaries!

MoKelly

What do you call an actuary?
An accountant without the personality.

How can you distinguish between an introverted actuary and an extroverted actuary?
An introverted actuary stares at his feet when he talks to you, and an extroverted actuary stares at your feet.

I think I've only met one actuary, and he was interviewing me for a job. He kind of freaked me out, because he showed absolutely no change in facial expression through the whole meeting.

I'm an introverted computer programmer, but this guy was weird, even by my standards.

Last edited:
   / What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,393  
What do you call an actuary?
An accountant without the personality.

How can you distinguish between an introverted actuary and an extroverted actuary?
An introverted actuary stares at his feet when he talks to you, and an extroverted actuary stares at your feet.

I think I've only met one actuary, and he was interviewing me for a job. He kind of freaked me out, because he showed absolutely no change in facial expression through the whole meeting.

I'm an introverted computer programmer, but this guy was weird, even by my standards.

Those are great! Can I borrow?

MoKelly

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,394  
   / What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,395  
OMG. I am an accountant by education and training.

Debits on the left. Credits on the right.

Debits equal credits.

Assets equal liabilities plus equity.

Balance the books every month. Report every quarter.

I think you know the answer to the question.

MoKelly
Close enough is good for horse shoes and grenades. Is there a difference? :LOL:

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,397  
Close enough is good for horse shoes and grenades. Is there a difference? :LOL:

“Close enough”. Back before computers, we would spend hours reconciling accounts to the penny!! I remember folks who spent hours because they were off a few dollars!

MoKelly

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,398  
If you give someone uranium...does it become theiranium ?