Snow Attachments What is this vintage beast?

/ What is this vintage beast? #1  

Spacky

Tractor
Kioti KL2510
We acquired a vintage snowblower as part of package deal. It works quite smoothly. Hooked up to our tractor to test it. But it is much too large and would require too many modifications. Please let us know what you can as no company names are visible. (Looks to have been repainted at some time.)
6'6" wide 20190815_143650_HDR.jpg20190815_144251_HDR.jpg20190815_144014_HDR.jpg20190815_143946_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
   / What is this vintage beast? #2  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

To post a pic you need to 'click' on the Go Advanced button (bottom right of the Reply to Thread box)... a paperclip icon will appear in the menu bar. 'Click' on that and follow the prompts. (know where your photo to be uploaded is) You'll get the hang of it.

Enjoy the site.

/ What is this vintage beast? #3  
Hello Spacky,

Welcome to the forum. About your snow blower, it should have an Identifaction tag riveted to the frame of the snow blower either by the gearbox or on one of the side weldments.

If its affecting the balance of the tractor making the nose light and you would not be comfortable using it you could sell it on tractorhouse.

Its best to hold on to it as all you need to do is operate it at a slower ground speed to take advantage of its cutting width where you can take a half cut and still get rid of a lot of the white crap.

You should hold on to it as it you have said it runs well. If it has a manual crank for chute rotation that would be a problem with a mule with a cab that does not have a rear window that opens.

All probably needs is changing the gearbox oil, greasing the auger bearings and the power take off universal joints and the grease fitting for the female half of the PTO shaft.

I would use it for one winter and then decide whether you want to keep it or sell it.

/ What is this vintage beast?
Thank you so very much for your reply! I have attached some pics now.

/ What is this vintage beast? #6  
How much does that weigh? Need a really big tractor for it.

/ What is this vintage beast? #7  
It looks homemade to me but I could be wrong. It’s got flat bar, angle iron, pipe, and I beam for the hitch. No wear bar on the sides and they appear to be cut in half pipe. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with it but it doesn’t look like a commercially produced piece.

There is a manufacturer part description plate on it but it appears to have been painted over. Thank you. I still have yo learn what wear bars are... Lol

No idea of the weight. It is 6'6" wide though.

/ What is this vintage beast? #10  
Spacky,
It looks like it might have been produced by a small company that didn't have a large area of distribution. If you tell us your approximate location, it might help with the identification.