What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated
Many oddball pieces of gear. Airports are notorious for weird crap. Whenever our sales rep for TLD would make a visit, I would grab him and ask WTF they were thinking on designing this crap.

Schematics on some were in French (didn't help much).

I definitely hired good fabricators and hydraulic mechanics.
I had to repair a Kruger anti-two block system once. Everything was written in German. Since I could speak and read a little German the job fell on me. After sitting on top of a unit that could best be described as the inside of an old style telephone exchange, complete with all the hundreds of multicolor wires, I had to leave on another job. The young man who was working with me was supposed to take a shot at the Kruger while I was away. Before I left I took him aside and told him I had just found the trouble and that after he sat on the unit a few few minutes he should push the one black button . It was the reset for the entire system . When it went back into operation that young man looked like the hero of the day. Operators jamed it up a few more times while it was in our district , but we were now able to get them back into the "dirt" faster than anyone else.

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated
Agreed about the weird stuff. Air start units. Deicing equipment. Tugs. Mobil stairs. Catering trucks.

I posted a video of this a few days ago that I came across. I used to run two of these Wheelhorse Airhorse movers. Great fun. Great machine!

HAHAHA

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated #74  
Screenshot_20240207_165357_Google.jpg

Another wonderful airport piece that was a hydraulic nightmare. Good thing we only had about a dozen of them

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated #76  
Wonder what airports do with old used up airport equipment? Looks like a potential treasure trove of hydraulic components and other things waiting to be repurposed on someone's hairbrained idea.

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated #78  
Wonder what airports do with old used up airport equipment? Looks like a potential treasure trove of hydraulic components and other things waiting to be repurposed on someone's hairbrained idea.
Our company bought a flatbed scissors truck (ex- airport ) and it was a useful piece to have. The bed could raise up flat, or could raise the front so it dumped. One application was as a mobile platform for working in turnpike tunnels. Since it was diesel it was OK there.

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated #79  
Get yourself a used propeller trailer for $175...

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated #80  
Our company bought a flatbed scissors truck (ex- airport ) and it was a useful piece to have. The bed could raise up flat, or could raise the front so it dumped. One application was as a mobile platform for working in turnpike tunnels. Since it was diesel it was OK there.
A local roofing company has one.