What is some of your Pet Peeve's

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #991  
When grocery shopping, and something you want has a “sale” sign on it like “buy two, save $2”, and as you ring the first one up, a discount of $1 shows up on the register (so you get the discount on each one; not required to buy two to get the discount).
What peeves me are (mostly supermarkets) stores where you need to be part of their "loyalty" program in order to get the advertised sale price. Not a member, tough luck. Shaw's stores here take that one step further and require you to go online and reserve sale items in advance (or do so thru a cellphone aap) to get the sale price. 🤬
I'm fed up with being told how much I should tip.
What the hell is it with tipping?
If the service is good I'll tip. I don't care to be told how much and no matter the service.
I'm too old to be guilted into doing things I don't like.
Go to European countries where the restaurant staff are paid a decent wage and tipping is not needed.
You know where you stand right from the get go.
I guess a peeve of mine is people who continually harp on how much better life is in Europe vs the U.S. No matter what it is, we're doing it wrong.

That having been said, I likewise dislike restaurants with "suggested" tips right on the tab. Even for take-out. And it seems last few years the minimum acceptable tip has increased to 20%.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #992  
I guess a peeve of mine is people who continually harp on how much better life is in Europe vs the U.S.
Had that been the case I wouldn't have left for the USA.

But the way things are going, I may have to rethink that. Already moved back east a little bit when fleeing California.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #993  
Had that been the case I wouldn't have left for the USA.

But the way things are going, I may have to rethink that. Already moved back east a little bit when fleeing California.
I left the old country long ago and do not see me going back. Lived on both coasts of the US, traveled most of it for work. Settled right smack on the middle of it now. Expect to die right here...

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #994  
Shaw's stores here take that one step further and require you to go online and reserve sale items in advance (or do so thru a cellphone aap) to get the sale price
I haven't shopped at Shaws for years, mostly for this reason. It also seems like they jack the prices up so that your "rewards" bring them down to what it should cost. I was working someplace down in NH years ago and at the end of the day went to Shaws for groceries. After walking around the store, keeping track of what I was spending I realized I was looking at their "member" prices... my cost was considerably higher. I put everything back, went to another store and bought the same items for the same price; paying with cash, without having the store track my purchases.

It all started with BJs and Sam's Club.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #995  
Kids electronic contraptions and pushback of me wanting to destroy them all in my household. My youngest rather recently was on an iPad that was supposedly child proofed and inappropriate website protected. Some how she managed to get into an adolescent, young adult game website. It was somewhat inappropriate imo but thankfully nothing like **** or violence. How in the heck did she do that 🤔 I get frustrated to turn an iPad on, off, or control volume on those things. Thankfully my wife doesn't usually. Hypocritically I'm typing this on my smarter than me phone. Why don't they make simpler parental controls maybe with physical mechanical buttons or levers for frustrated ignorant folks like me lol.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #996  
I haven't shopped at Shaws for years, mostly for this reason. It also seems like they jack the prices up so that your "rewards" bring them down to what it should cost. I was working someplace down in NH years ago and at the end of the day went to Shaws for groceries. After walking around the store, keeping track of what I was spending I realized I was looking at their "member" prices... my cost was considerably higher. I put everything back, went to another store and bought the same items for the same price; paying with cash, without having the store track my purchases.
Unfortunately, the nearest supermarket that isn't a Shaws is an hour+ drive away. Not worth making a special trip, but if I'm down that way...
I get frustrated to turn an iPad on, off, or control volume on those things. Thankfully my wife doesn't usually. Hypocritically I'm typing this on my smarter than me phone. Why don't they make simpler parental controls maybe with physical mechanical buttons or levers for frustrated ignorant folks like me lol.
I hear ya, I find those touchscreen gadgets very non-intuitive too. Don't smart phones and tablets from a given manufacturer us the same operating system?

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #997  
My youngest rather recently was on an iPad that was supposedly child proofed and inappropriate website protected... Why don't they make simpler parental controls maybe with physical mechanical buttons or levers for frustrated ignorant folks like me lol.
Apple does a half-decent job of finding that fine line between good control and not being an overbearing PITA, but for real young kids there are some better options. We started both our kids with Nabi products (age 3), then Amazon/Kindle Fire 8's and 10's when they got into grade school. They didn't transition to iPads until middle school. Each gave more freedom than the predecessor, and parental controls more suitable to the age group.

The Nabi's were my favorite, if they even still make those things (ours were 10 years ago). Most of the games were learning games, math, alphabet, reading, languages, etc. But fun enough the kids would still happily play them whenever we needed to have them quiet and distracted. Each were also loaded with Netflix Kids edition, YouTube Kids, etc., so they could access kid-appropriate content, and we had time limits set for how many minutes per day they could use those types of services.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #998  
Yeah probably, but you are definitely asking the wrong person if it's apple based or need tech support lol, I use an android based OS switched back permanently after my somewhat brief 4 letter word experiences with an I phone. I will say I'd probably be an apple guy if that's what I originally got many years ago. Anyways my home is pretty apple o.s. proficient except for my stubborn ace of course.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #999  
Yeah probably, but you are definitely asking the wrong person if it's apple based or need tech support lol, I use an android based OS switched back permanently after my somewhat brief 4 letter word experiences with an I phone. I will say I'd probably be an apple guy if that's what I originally got many years ago. Anyways my home is pretty apple o.s. proficient except for my stubborn ace of course.
Nabi and Fire are both Android based, so no worries there. iPads are of course iOS. I've had to learn both, but actually prefer iOS for the portables.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #1,000  
Yeah it's a fine line I walk in my household between balancing screen time and actually doing and learning something not using the googler preferably out doors. Definitely doesn't help my argument of getting rid of these things when the kids family members like grandparents, aunts, and wife have apple systems for wi fi enabled FaceTime. And there face time numbers are programmed on the kids older pads to call them whenever with in reason. We also store and recharge I pads in our room every night so they can't get to much unsupervised opportunities. Still those things are and probably always will be one of my peeves.