What is some of your Pet Peeve's

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #671  
Pet peeve is putting dirty dishes in the sink to dry so that food cakes on hard before she starts scrubbing away at them till they are clean enough to go in the DW. Why not just rinse the plate while the egg yoke or bean juice will rinse off? I give up, schooling the wife is something that needs to be done carefully and seldom. 😛

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #672  
Pet peeve is putting dirty dishes in the sink to dry so that food cakes on hard before she starts scrubbing away at them till they are clean enough to go in the DW. Why not just rinse the plate while the egg yoke or bean juice will rinse off? I give up, schooling the wife is something that needs to be done carefully and seldom. 😛
Sounds to me like we have very similar living situations.

... and food is much easier to rinse or wash from the plate when it's fresh, than when it's been sitting 4 - 10 hours!

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #673  
Messy dishes/bowls I put a drop of detergent and hot water sit for 5-10 minutes. Then wash, it's super easy.
I don't mind washing dishes after lube & oil changes since I finally get my hands clean.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #674  
I hate the term, "Pet Parents or fur baby."
Unless your significant other gave birth to your cat, dog, snake... You are not it's parents.
If she did give birth to one of the forementioned you better start checking for paternity.

And the statement, "I can't lie..."
Sure you can. You're probably doing so when saying that.
If it is true you don't have to preface it with this statement.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #675  
Unless your significant other gave birth to your cat, dog, snake... You are not it's parents.

If she did give birth to one of the forementioned you better start checking for paternity.

And the statement, "I can't lie..."
Sure you can. You're probably doing so when saying that.
If it is true you don't have to preface it with this statement.
All that I can say is, it's nice to know I am not alone. 👍
I owned both of my dogs. I was responsible for feeding them, vet bills, and also for any of their actions. When I get a pet it's with the knowledge that when their time is over, I am responsible for having then put down to end their suffering.

Try that last with a kid and you will spend the rest of your life in crowbar hotel.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #676  
"I'll be honest with you". Does that mean you're not with others? "To tell you the truth" is that true (?). "If it was me" means "if I was someone else" I wouldn't do it. . Or "If was you" means it's ok for you but not for them.
How about "stay for supper" and watch their expression as you pull up a chair.
They're the same people who "seen" something instead of "saw" it. "Done seen" is even "more better".
When they connect a lamp to an outlet they're not plugging it in they "plug it up" which to me sounds like a plumbing issue.
I have a friend who "helps watch" when I'm working on something then tells someone else "we" did that. "We"...and yet I did 100% of the work. He tried that "we" nonsense on another friend who says "WE! What's this we...do you have a mouse in your pocket?".

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #677  
Sounds like my folks vintage dishwasher growing up, first things my folks bought when I moved out was a new dishwasher and a snowblower, I used to be both using a shovel and dish rag lol.
Same here, though in my case it was when my youngest sister moved out. That's about when my father bought a riding mower too. Why have all that stuff when you have 2 sons and 3 daughters living at home? :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
Add to that, "adopting" a pet or a phrase that seems to be currently in vogue "forever home". I tell ya, a pet that can't/won't be housebroken or is destructive isn't going to be in my house very long.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #678  
Having the JWs come around a locked 🔒 gate to ring the bell!

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #679  
Add to that, "adopting" a pet or a phrase that seems to be currently in vogue "forever home". I tell ya, a pet that can't/won't be housebroken or is destructive isn't going to be in my house very long.
meh... I'd be thrilled for these idiots to go back to "adopting" a pet. I get downright irritable every time some self-righteous blowhard talks about themselves having "rescued" a pet. Unless you dove into a river or ran into a burning building to retrieve a pet, let's not use the word "rescue".

I've adopted more than one pet from the ASPCA, but never told anyone I "rescued" the damn thing. :rolleyes:

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #680  
meh... I'd be thrilled for these idiots to go back to "adopting" a pet. I get downright irritable every time some self-righteous blowhard talks about themselves having "rescued" a pet. Unless you dove into a river or ran into a burning building to retrieve a pet, let's not use the word "rescue".

I've adopted more than one pet from the ASPCA, but never told anyone I "rescued" the damn thing. :rolleyes:
We have a no kill shelter. Getting a pet that would have been euthanized is a rescue!