What is Photobucket thinking!?!?

/ What is Photobucket thinking!?!? #11  
Definitely a high price but bandwidth isn't free. I pay for a flickr account just for this reason.

If you're using something for 'free' then you're not using a product, you are the product.

So what does a flickr account cost per year?
David from jax

/ What is Photobucket thinking!?!? #12  
This messed up a lot of different forum sites. I think PB will reverse it, or they might lose all their business, and be gone. Shot themselves in the foot, IMO.

/ What is Photobucket thinking!?!? #13  
So what does a flickr account cost per year?
David from jax

$50/yr which is much more in line with actual bandwidth costs. If you're real technical you could even use S3 which is pennies per GB but not as user friendly.

/ What is Photobucket thinking!?!? #14  
I hope it bankrupts them.

I won't give them a dime. I'll pay someone else before I pay them.

/ What is Photobucket thinking!?!? #15  
I'm surprised PB didn't demand bit coin to complete their extortion.

/ What is Photobucket thinking!?!? #16  
Haven't been on PB since this past winter, Had an awful time to log in tonight, my pictures wouldn't show up till about 6 tries then when I click on one , the picture didn't want to load so I gave up for now. Almost like the same issues I had with them over a year ago, nothing moves, everything is molasses there.

So over a year ago I took a 2 month crash course on how to download direct from the com. >> TBN, I might of been 3 months trying to figure that out. I probably drove a couple people here crazy trying to explain it to me , thankfully some members here sent images, diagrams, drawings, blueprints, pictures, pointing arrows and a couple slaps to the head.

/ What is Photobucket thinking!?!? #17  
I saw some posts elsewhere about a denial of service attack being launched against photobucket in retaliation for ransoming 3rd party hosting. Maybe that is slowing the site to a crawl.

/ What is Photobucket thinking!?!? #18  
I'm pretty spun about it. It's not even a realistic cost either and I got an email the day they did this. No warning before hand. Screw photobucket

Brett

/ What is Photobucket thinking!?!? #19  
Yeah, it certainly sucks but they're fully within their "rights" to do it. All the more reason to keep a proper backup and not trust free services with anything critical.

/ What is Photobucket thinking!?!? #20  
Reminds me of something I heard about addictive drugs. "The first hit is always free."