what is happening with my hydros??

/ what is happening with my hydros?? #1  

resq2piper

Tractor
Agco ST35x
Hey hydro gurus,
So I just purchased a Agco ST35X with a Buhlur 195 loader and basically the main reason for the purchase was it came with an Agco SB563 PTO front mounted snowblower with hydro driven chute rotation.
Loader works just fine. When I installed the snowblower mount I cant get the lift cylinder to fully raise and when I try to rotate the chute it only moves about an inch either way. I have try moving hose(quick connect fitting mounted on rear) to no avail :mad: . Sometimes the lift cylinder will move when trying to engage chute rotation. Of course this is happening and were suppose to be getting a major snow storm tomorrow.
Hopefully someone can help, got frustrated by the end of today and stop messing with it. :confused2:
Thanks in advance for any help

/ what is happening with my hydros?? #3  
Do you have pictures of your setup?

/ what is happening with my hydros?? #4  
New or used?

I am guessing that you have to remove the loader to mount the snowblower.

Might have hoses crossed or a connector not seated.

/ what is happening with my hydros?? #5  
Like Xfaxman, I suspect that you have some hoses crossed or a quick disconnect not fully pugged in or failing. I would suggest tracing the two lines for either lift lower or rotate and confirming they are connected to the same valve function.

/ what is happening with my hydros?? #6  
Would be my first thought.
Some times the lines can be difficult to trace out,
one way is to get a spare quick connect with a small hose long enough for you to actuate your valves in both directions while maintaining control of the hose end with it pointing into a bucket preferably with a cover on it,
disconnect all the lines,
using your spare connect to one quick connector and activate your remotes till you find the operator and direction that lets fluid flow under pressure into the bucket,
once you have one found, repeat on your quick connects till you have them all mapped out.
This could get messy at times.
I'm going to guess that you are using the loader joy stick to control the lift and rotation.
If the loader lift and lower function had a float position that is the one to use for the blower lift as the lower position would allow the float selection to float the blower,
the bucket curl should go to the chute rotation.

/ what is happening with my hydros??
Like Xfaxman, I suspect that you have some hoses crossed or a quick disconnect not fully pugged in or failing. I would suggest tracing the two lines for either lift lower or rotate and confirming they are connected to the same valve function.

Thanks for the replies guys. I made sure all hoses are connected correctly(process of elimination liked mention, and yes it was messy LOL) . I put colored zip ties to know which hose goes where.

Oldnslo,
I think you might be on to a failing quick connect. When I put the undercarriage away for the summer and left it alone for a few days one of the fittings which goes to the chute rotation, leaked out hydro fluid. Its a start I'll replace it to see if that works.
Thanks

/ what is happening with my hydros?? #8  
I'd also check the fluid level after hooking up a new implement.

/ what is happening with my hydros?? #9  
No snow blowers in my area but what you have described reminds me of how I have had implements to act when I had hoses for one cylinder hooked to two different valves. Did you try switching the hoses from one valve to the other to see if it is that cylinder or its system or a valve?

If you have another tractor with remotes or even rear remotes on this tractor try the cylinder there.

/ what is happening with my hydros?? #10  
My money is on the hoses not being paired up correctly at the valves. Classic symptoms.