Buying Advice What Is Happening With Kioti?

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #41  
Bias can sometimes be misleading. A misunderstanding of emission standards is frequently misleading.

In the less than 40 hp (29.8 Kw) non-road category, there never was a tier 3. See the following link from EPA website.

https://nepis.epa.gov/Exe/ZyPDF.cgi?Dockey=P100OA05.pdf

Correct on the DK-35, which was actual 38+/- HP. The DK-40 is 41HP or thereabout, IIRC. Also see quote below; I should have said interim Tier 4.

I think they were called interim tier 4.
Correct- a- mundo. Geeze I can't remember everything- I'm getting old enough to have forgotten more than most people ever knew! What were we talking about....

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #42  
Correct on the DK-35, which was actual 38+/- HP. The DK-40 is 41HP or thereabout, IIRC. Also see quote below; I should have said interim Tier 4.

Correct- a- mundo. Geeze I can't remember everything- I'm getting old enough to have forgotten more than most people ever knew! What were we talking about....

Good to see you back Captain..

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #43  
. . . I should have said interim Tier 4. . . .

I think most of us refer to Interim Tier 4 as "Tier 3" just to avoid confusion because some people see anything with "Tier 4" as having all the extra emissions equipment.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #44  
Good to see you back Captain..

Thanks, I appreciate that! Keep on chooglin'!:laughing:

I think most of us refer to Interim Tier 4 as "Tier 3" just to avoid confusion because some people see anything with "Tier 4" as having all the extra emissions equipment.

I agree, and I'm lucky to see anything without my glasses these days...

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #45  
Reviews of any product or service, especially internet based reviews, are skewed towards those reviewers that are dissatisfied. A higher percentage of displeased consumers post reviews than happy customers. It's called human nature.
Same reason you don't see news stories about all the successful airplane flights that happen day in and day out. Only see when one crashes. Wonder what the ratio of that is?

/ What Is Happening With Kioti?
I started this thread in 2017. Purchased a DK5010. Love it. Have not had any problems. Only thing I would change aside from remotes would be three forward & rear speeds rather than the high and low. It sometimes is a little fast in 1st gear low blowing snow. Especially moving into a four of five+ foot packed berm in front of my driveway from the large county road plows.

I was surprised to see that I was the OP when I looked at this thread. Forgot all about it.

Last edited:
   / What Is Happening With Kioti? #49  
Guess it’s time for an update then. Still No issues, problems or concerns to report!

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #50  
Guess it’s time for an update then. Still No issues, problems or concerns to report!
Same here
Working fine, 21 years, 2400 hours, never been back to the dealer (2001 DK 35)