Tractor News What is driving up the demand for tractors?

/ What is driving up the demand for tractors? #181  
I feel much the same way. The explosion in unconstrained handout programs have led people to make choices that require the handout programs to continue.
The handout stimulus programs are over. Pressure on employers is driving up minimum wage. Even people with no job experience are going to work for Walmart, Amazon, UPS, etc… because these employers provide benefits such as health insurance. Small businesses that cannot offer benefits have had to increase wages just to hire. Sounds like capitalism to me.

/ What is driving up the demand for tractors?
8 million job openings in the USA
Employers have to pay more to entice people to work at those 8 million jobs because people were/are paid to stay home.
Higher wages contribute to increased consumer product prices (inflation).
People dont understand that if wages are forced up artificially and then you get a pandemic which makes businesses increase it even more to entice workers, it will lead to a massive increase in prices across the board as we are seeing in everything from tractors to groceries, and rampant inflation. We got it in the 'guns and butter' policies during the 60's and had to be dealt with for years to bring it back under control, and here we are again. Be careful what you ask for...

Last edited:
   / What is driving up the demand for tractors?
Actually infrastructure bill is going to provide states and local governments sufficient funds to do considerable infrastructure upgrades. It’s about time that we spent serious money on upgrading our own country. The amount of activity is going to be unprecedented in the near future. I work for US Forest Service and we are getting billions over the next 10 years to address hazardous fuels and forest management. Something that Congress has neglected for decades.
Please, certain states have already lined up or pocketed those monies to pay off their debt, you can kiss that money goodbey......

/ What is driving up the demand for tractors? #184  
The handout stimulus programs are over.
Tell that to the massive amount of people we see with overflowing shopping carts, paying with an ACCESS card every time we are at the grocery store.

/ What is driving up the demand for tractors? #185  
The stimulus check thing is a joke. Just do away with Federal Income Tax. That would work for me.
So you’re in favor of dismantling the military.

Not a popular position to take.

/ What is driving up the demand for tractors? #186  
Tell that to the massive amount of people we see with overflowing shopping carts, paying with an ACCESS card every time we are at the grocery store.
That has nothing to do with the stimulus and is the standard state program.

/ What is driving up the demand for tractors? #187  
Please, certain states have already lined up or pocketed those monies to pay off their debt, you can kiss that money goodbey......
Lots of these funds are reimbursable. They gave to do the work first, then get reimbursed.

/ What is driving up the demand for tractors? #188  
Really? And why is a trade deficit bad? It just shows that Americans are wealthier than citizens of other countries and can afford to import more goods than the poorer countries. I’ve never understood why some people think that imports and exports must balance.
Glad to know the supply chain does not effect you...

/ What is driving up the demand for tractors? #189  
People dont understand that if wages are forced up artificially and then you get a pandemic which makes businesses increase it even more to entice workers, it will lead to a massive increase in prices across the board as we are seeing in everything from tractors to groceries, and rampant inflation. We got it in the 'guns and butter' policies during the 60's and had to be dealt with for years to bring it back under control, and here we are again. Be careful what you ask for...
I’m not asking for anything. Just explaining that during Covid many low skilled workers found work with those larger businesses that provide health insurance and other benefits. Amazon and Walmart warehouses don’t require college degrees or much experience and these people aren’t going back to businesses that don’t provide benefits. This requires those small businesses to increase wages to hire employees. It is what it is. The world has changed. I’m not saying this is good or bad, but it’s reality in 2022.