What is a warranty worth?

/ What is a warranty worth? #121  
I am looking for a welder with a reasonable warranty and good customer care service.

Last edited:
   / What is a warranty worth? #122  
I am looking for a welder with a reasonable warranty and good customer care service.

Visit your local welding supply’s. Some do warranty work on site. They beat the best Internet price on my Miller 212. Also supply gas and consumables. Good for advice too. Even if you don’t buy from them you’ll be better informed. My favorite works to earn your business and hopes you return happy.

/ What is a warranty worth? #123  
For what it’s worth, about 5 years ago I bought a Everlast plasma machine through Home Depot online. It lasted about 3 weeks before it quit. Took it back to the local HD. No questions asked and had a credit within 3 days. HD’s 1 year return policy (warranty), far far exceeded anything Everlast had to offer. Ask Mark to issue you a no questions credit after 11 months and 30 days and listen for the LAUGHING! Never looked at an Everlast machine again.

/ What is a warranty worth? #124  
You wouldn't get that out of Miller either. We have a 30 day satisfaction warranty where they don't....and you are fooling yourself if you don't think failures happen right after customers get them from Miller too. They do. I had a new customer with a nearly new unit last week from Miller that had a failure.

/ What is a warranty worth? #125  
You wouldn't get that out of Miller either. We have a 30 day satisfaction warranty where they don't....and you are fooling yourself if you don't think failures happen right after customers get them from Miller too. They do. I had a new customer with a nearly new unit last week from Miller that had a failure.
30 days vS 365. Even HF offers 90 days. You missed the point. Hmmm

/ What is a warranty worth? #126  
30 days vS 365. Even HF offers 90 days. You missed the point. Hmmm
HF warranty of 90 days is the Entire warranty.
Meaning at 91 days there Is no warranty.

/ What is a warranty worth? #127  
HF warranty of 90 days is the Entire warranty.
Meaning at 91 days there Is no warranty.
Sorry, but you too missed the point. By offering a 1 year return policy, HD is offering a 1 year defacto warranty. No questions asked, no return fee or “boxing” fee. Just cash back in your pocket. That’s the “satisfaction” warranty I want.