What is a good deal on a X595?

/ What is a good deal on a X595? #1  

jagalluzzo

I want a X595 with the 62" deck, possibly the deluxe seat. Will want rear PTO and 3pt for a future tiller.

What is a good price for this machine? I know what Build Your Own on Deere's website states... but I want to know what other people have paid.

Thanks,
jackie

/ What is a good deal on a X595? #2  
Jackie,

Pricing is regional, but from my experience, you should be able to get around 16-17% off of list. The rear PTO and 3PH on the X really pushes up its price; the 2210 would be less; but if your set on the X, negotiate. Also some things to think about, are free pick-up's and del's while under warrany (not that anything should be expected to happen, but you never know) and the 1st service at 50 hrs (could run $400 if the dealer does it -- perhaps they would throw it in). Also, Deere gives incentives for more than one implement, so if a FEL, tiller, landscape rake, box blade, etc are in the cards, you can often get better deals all at once. If you plan to get a FEL, but not right away, then still have the dealer install the hydraulic diverter valve and couplers. Again these are all options on the X, and for the most part are standard on sub-CUT's and CUTS.

Happy hunting /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ What is a good deal on a X595? #3  
Jackie,
Certainly your question has been asked a few times here at TBN, but the bigger discussion will be why not look at or consider the 2210? The 2210 comes standard with the 3ph, and PTO, and should be very close in price without having to add those options. The 2 tractors take the same mower decks, and once you have 3ph, they can run the same tillers, although I would think the 2210 with a little more frame would better suited for tilling.

I would guess around 13K, more or less depending on your area, for either machine.

good luck!
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ What is a good deal on a X595?
I can get a X595SE with a 62" deck for $10800. Is that a good price?

Jackie

/ What is a good deal on a X595? #5  
Jackie,

That is ~ 25% off. I think you did some good negotiating. Want to negotiate my next purchase? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ What is a good deal on a X595? #6  
Jackie,
I think 10,800 is an excellent price. I recently priced the same package for a friend of mine who is looking at a 595SE also. He sent me because of my good relationship with the local dealer. Our local dealer has always given me good prices, and I generally buy about half my machinery from him. The price: 11,150 plus tax, so you are doing pretty well with the quoted price. I would say the dealer is more than fair.

John M