What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #111  
I was finishing up my swing set for the kids and needed some snap links. They were 11.99 a PIECE!!! Lady at the register said they just went up to 14.99!!!😵. I am glad they honored the 11.99. I went to my local ACE because I did not feel like driving further to a Lowes. Not sure if it would have been a lot cheaper.

View attachment 744026

What insane prices are you paying for simple items like this? maybe we can start sharing where the discounts are at, if any.😁
These are stainless, yellow tag dead give away

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #112  
here Is crazy. Shock kyb g shock at auto zone $118 each- it’s not a strut, just a shock. Found two at rock auto $30 each.

I would not do that Amazon non brand with the kids or any safety in mind. Which is funny, the neighborhood here is changing and a few of the new members apparently run Amazon stores out of their houses. I kid you not on the situation being an ordeal for the delivery person. And then it gets broken down repackaged and picked up.
36EED6EF-FED3-4D7E-B07D-0D1D6BFC1769.jpeg

Last edited:
   / What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #113  
Everything at Ace Hardware is ludicrously over priced, especially when I can order the same stuff from Amazon and have it next day or second day dropped at my doorstep for half the price. And they stock crazy stuff that nobody in town is going to buy, like a $700 Green Egg grill.
I cannot agree more. In fact, IMHO, many hardware and auto supply chains today are only geared to/focused on the wealthy.

Two cases in point.

One: In our 'capital' city, there were two hardware stores, literally side by side on a main street. I used to sit on a bench across the road, eating my lunch, and watched people walking in and out of both stores. Most often, people walked into the smaller family owned business and walked out carrying something. Many people walked into the 'local chain' and sometimes came out with something, or if empty handed, they turned right and walked into the smaller store and came out with something. I was looking for a hard to find 'temp controller' for an older electric skillet. The chain store did not have it. When I walked into the smaller store, I described to the owner's son just what I was looking for. He said, "Dad, where are skillet controls?" and his dad pointed, the son climbed a ladder, and I walked out with my needed item. After that, when I was in the area, I went to the smaller store first. Unfortunately, when the owner, retired, could not find a local buyer, and ended up selling out to the chain next door. They cut a hole in the wall and absorbed the former hardware store's space. (Black painted storefront sign)

Two: Down near where my cousin lives, there was another long time local family owned hardware store. Just recently my cousin told me that it had sold out to a chain. Last week he called me and was really disappointed. He said that he had run into a long time employee of the store, who had recently been let go. That person reported that the new chain owner had contracted with some firm to come in and 'clear all current inventory' and erect/set up shelving and displays for the 'chain store inventory'. They reported that all former inventory was sold to some conglomerate that dispenses with old/odd inventory. The old hardware store was another local treasure trove where you could go and buy anything and everything. My cousin never left the store without what he was looking for, and often times, he came out with other items as well. The new 'local chain' has a similar store near me. I have gone there only a few times and more often than not they either did not have the item that I was looking for, or if they did, they had only 1-2-3 of the items I needed, but said, "We can order more of that and have it here by xxxday!" I would always reply, "I can go to AMAZON and do the same thing for less money and walked out. It turns out, the hardware chain policy is to "stock 2 or 4 of an item" and when the qty on hand drops below a certain number, reorder. So, if you have one of an item and you need one or more to finish a job, probably you will end up either waiting, visiting multiple stores, or ordering from AMAZON.

Do not get me going on product packaging.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-05-02 11-26-35.jpg
    Screenshot from 2022-05-02 11-26-35.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 63
   / What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #114  
We can all thank the people like the one who deleted my post for the inflation we are experiencing. We are limited to complaining and not exposing the reasoning behind it. I cant leave the house without it costing me a min $50 and Im sure most are in the same boat. A slice of bread is $100 in Lebanon. Thats what we are looking at in this country. Shout out to the moderators for their great work on censorship.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #115  
Topped off the dump truck with 12 gallons of diesel yesterday @ $5.99/gallon. This morning I drove past a station near work and the the price is $4.99/gallon.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #116  
Tractor Supply
View attachment 744062Hillman Safety Snap Link, 1/2 in.

SKU: 102050199
Product Rating is 5

$2.79​

willy​

Good one, my tractor supply is on the way to Ace.... I never make it to Ace.

TS is 2 miles amazon is 2 clicks onna mouse and delivered free inna day or 2.

Those snap links I use all the time should be like a dollar.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #117  
I was finishing up my swing set for the kids and needed some snap links. They were 11.99 a PIECE!!! Lady at the register said they just went up to 14.99!!!😵. I am glad they honored the 11.99. I went to my local ACE because I did not feel like driving further to a Lowes. Not sure if it would have been a lot cheaper.

View attachment 744026

What insane prices are you paying for simple items like this? maybe we can start sharing where the discounts are at, if any.😁
Compared to what your going to pay soon. Thats pretty dam cheap.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #118  
unfreakingbelievable
Now diesel fuel now $2 more than regular?

This is an outrage and its out of control

One crisis after another!
If you think it's bad now, I heard this morning on the ' ABC World News Now ' that it is expected to be another dollar a gallon higher come this summer.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #119  
Car prices... I bought a 2020 Ranger new in March '21, that's now worth more than I paid for it. When I bought it, I asked for a trade on a car I owned--number was too low to be worth it so I kept it. I'm looking at a deal now and the trade value on that car went up 25% despite another year of age and miles on the car.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #120  
Looks like you need to cross the Delaware, my friend. Only $5.09 in Camden for diesel.

$4.99 just about everywhere by me in Michigan.

If he does decide to cross the Delaware he should make sure to use a Durham boat. Doesn't leak and doesn't use fuel!

Status
Not open for further replies.