What in the world?

/ What in the world? #1  

Anonymous Poster

On my recently acquired TL 2300 is a hydraulic leveling arm/subunit attached to one of the arms of the 3 way hitch.....the right to be precise. On the right rear fender is a series of switches that in someway control this........My wiring harness is burnt out and this device has never worked.....what I am wondering is.......when I rewire the harness do you think I need to worry or even try to get this system working because it has some kind of real value......yes, I understand it is for fine tuning the level........but DOES IT REALLY WORK?.........thanks for the help

/ What in the world? #2  
It does more than just fine tune. When using a rear grader blade you can crown a drive way. When hooking up a piece of equipment that isn't sitting level you can attach it easier. You won't need all the controls. Focus on one of the toggle switches. The rest are autmatic settings that work (are supposed to work /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif) with the factory equipped tiller.

/ What in the world? #3  
I worked my way back through the same problem on an Iseki. I removed all wiring to that control box. I mounted a dead centering two way momentary switch and wired it to the solenoid controlling the hydraulic cylinder for leveling. Just follow the hydraulic hoses from the cylinder towards the tractors and you will find the controlling solenoid. You need 12v to the switch, one hot from each side of the switch to each side of the solenoid and then frame ground the other two solenoid wires. Should be 4 wires on the solenoid. one hot and one neutral on each end. This will allow you to bump the lift up or down with just the touch of the toggle. I used a marine grade toggle because it was sealed to the weather. I didn't bother with the other dials or settings for my purposes.
Just wanted a simple way to adjust my 3pt.
Feel free to email with questions
Nick
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ What in the world? #4  
If you need a schematic to wire it up the way Brent says I can email it to you. Brent is right it is a very handy tool.

/ What in the world? #5  
I forgot to give credit where credit is due. I GOT THE IDEA FOR THE TOGGLE SWITCH FROM BUCK AT EFC. Thanks Buck, worked really well and have used it on several tractors already!
Nick
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="blue"> </font>

/ What in the world?
THANKS to all of YOU......soon as I get this wiring harness rebuilt I will be trying the above.......somethin really neat is in store for me I can tell.........THANKS