What happened to Massey Ferguson?

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #21  
Man, I am behind the times. I keep wondering what happened Massey Harris!
When I was a little kid my grandpa had a Massey Harris. I was so young that I don't remember it that well, but I remember it had the narrow front wheel setup.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #22  
What i do not understand is how AGCO can build so many different machines for the different brands - like in Combines there are Massey Ferguson, Gleaner, and Fendt. All are very different designs. CNH does this Case International and New Holland combines.

For tractors AGCO builds Massey Ferguson, Fendt, and Valtra. All diffferent designs.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #23  
Only place I see Masssey lacking is in the 26 h.p. compact class.

Their GC was always as good or better than the Kubota and Deere offerings, but they never had a competitive tractor in the 26 horse small frame size to compete with the Kubota B/Deere 2 R type tractors.

Their 1526 was always kinda outdated compared to the competition.

But I'm happy to see Agco finally let Massey have some leading technology in their new 9S tractor. First to come with factory central tie inflation, huge hydraulic flow, etc.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #24  
With 100HP +, AGCO pushes Fendt too much. They have discontinued AGCO tractors, Challenger tractors and have deemphasized Massey tractors on the dealer lots to the point that you’d think they were being discontinued, too.
They are really flooding the market with Fendt.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #25  
With 100HP +, AGCO pushes Fendt too much. They have discontinued AGCO tractors, Challenger tractors and have deemphasized Massey tractors on the dealer lots to the point that you’d think they were being discontinued, too.
They are really flooding the market with Fendt.
I agree. In my area right up into the 1980's there was nothing but Massey Ferguson's. Now all you see is those same old ones that are still working in the fields.
I still don't understand AGCO's marketing. Massey and orange Allis Chalmers were way more well known in North America than German Fendt.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #26  
Not many Massey tractors around here. On the big farms mostly Ford/New Holland , Case, JD. A few Massey dealers around but not real popular around here..

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #27  
Only place I see Masssey lacking is in the 26 h.p. compact class.

Their GC was always as good or better than the Kubota and Deere offerings, but they never had a competitive tractor in the 26 horse small frame size to compete with the Kubota B/Deere 2 R type tractors.

Their 1526 was always kinda outdated compared to the competition.

But I'm happy to see Agco finally let Massey have some leading technology in their new 9S tractor. First to come with factory central tie inflation, huge hydraulic flow, etc.
Hey Paystar. As a owner of a M-F 1526 (2018) it might of been outdated, But the competition could not beat them price wise in 2018. The style of the tractor may be out dated as well, But that's exactly what led me to purchase one in 2018. The newer 1526 have way more newer features now plus M-F offers a total of 3 different models in the 25 HP range, & 1 in 26 HP & up. Happy New Year too You.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #28  
Hey Paystar. As a owner of a M-F 1526 (2018) it might of been outdated, But the competition could not beat them price wise in 2018. The style of the tractor may be out dated as well, But that's exactly what led me to purchase one in 2018. The newer 1526 have way more newer features now plus M-F offers a total of 3 different models in the 25 HP range, & 1 in 26 HP & up. Happy New Year too You.
Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the Massey 1526. As you say it was a simple, reliable cost effective tractor.
They just didn't get the sales of the other brands because they didn't have all the "fluff" everyone wants, and the early ones were not available with backhoe or mid PTO if I remember correct? I almost bought one but dealer was telling me they were getting a big update for the new year so I waited, and the then the whole Massey line got updated and the 1526 was exactly the same, LOL

If they would have had an integrated loader joystick instead of that loader stanchion mounted one, and mid PTO and backhoe at the time I would have bought one no second thought.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #29  
Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the Massey 1526. As you say it was a simple, reliable cost effective tractor.
They just didn't get the sales of the other brands because they didn't have all the "fluff" everyone wants, and the early ones were not available with backhoe or mid PTO if I remember correct? I almost bought one but dealer was telling me they were getting a big update for the new year so I waited, and the then the whole Massey line got updated and the 1526 was exactly the same, LOL

If they would have had an integrated loader joystick instead of that loader stanchion mounted one, and mid PTO and backhoe at the time I would have bought one no second thought.
I do know they offered it on a 2018, But it was like pulling a hounds tooth to get one with the optional backhoe, & it was offered thru Woods at the time. The mid mount pto was a option as well which had to be ordered from the factory; Unless it was already installed on the order from the dealer, & was on the lot, But still a option . I've only seen 2 in the last five years that dealers were selling brand new with a backhoe on them.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #30  
Large MF dealer close to me, good folks they have a bunch of tractors on the lot. They do sell JCB as well...but tractors are all MF.