What do your water temps look like?

/ What do your water temps look like? #1  

RobJ

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500
Attached is the pic of my gauges. I added all but the tack/hour gauge as the L2500 is a no frills tractor. But the temp gauge is a Kubota brand for this model. I believe my thermostat is stuck (takes a long time to warm up on the gauge) and I have one but haven't changed it yet. Since it's probably stuck open the water may be passing through the radiator to fast. I'm getting a little weeping from the overflow tube. Fan/belt area all ok.

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

• 875814-l2500-gauges.JPG
    875814-l2500-gauges.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 627
   / What do your water temps look like? #2  
Mine barely moves past 1/3 from the left. Gets there in about 5 minutes and stays there pretty much whether it is idling or I'm working it hard.

I would guess that your thermostat is probably stuck open also.

/ What do your water temps look like? #3  
Rob, anytime the gauge on my B2710 went that high, I knew it was time to stop and clean the debris off the front of the radiator. Normally, it never went higher than a third of the way up.

/ What do your water temps look like? #4  
Like the others, the temp gauge on my L4200 barely moves off of cold - maybe to an 1/8th at best.

Jay

/ What do your water temps look like? #5  
Pushing my B7800 with mowing, snowblowing or FEL work, I have never got the temp above the "C" on the gauge.

/ What do your water temps look like?
Hmm, barley off the C. That almost sounds to cold or something. I would think somewhere in the 1/3rd range. But I've never worked it in snow. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It was in the 90's and I was running the FM when that pic was taken.

Time to take the time and change out the thermostat I guess.

Thanks for the replies.

/ What do your water temps look like? #7  
No snow. Oh what fun you have missed!
In the winter, I replace the rad screen with a corrugated plastic sheet with a 6" square hole cut in the center of it. Even with that, I have to work the tractor hard to get more than lukewarm air from the cab heater.

/ What do your water temps look like? #8  
My L4200 runs around this temp (see picture) year round… I do replace the screen with solid during the coldest part of winter (keeps heater very hot)… During the summer it may run a little warmer when over 100 degrees out and working hard with air conditioner running /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. KennyV.

Attachments

• 876595-TempGage.JPG
    876595-TempGage.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 207
Well a little follow up. I pull the thermostat and it was for sure stuck. Just barely open. I almost could not operate it with a screwdriver. I replaced the unit and the tractor was still running hot, about the same. I stopped mowing (not a heavy load, 5' FM) blew out, flushed out the radiator fins, all clear. No change, pull the upper hose and noticed just a trickle of water. Needing to finish I pull the complete thermostat and ran it again. Temp slowly built up the the attached pic (the inset picture is the old one). Then it maintained its position. I didn't have time to pull the uppse hose again and check for flow, but I just flushed the radiator and it was clear. But for now the radiator overflow hose is not weeping. Around here with the heat and the lack of much of a winter the thermostat isn;t as important, but I'll work on it later...
Rob

Attachments

• 885753-kubotathermo-guage-2-both.jpg
    885753-kubotathermo-guage-2-both.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 176
Well a little follow up. I pull the thermostat and it was for sure stuck. Just barely open. I almost could not operate it with a screwdriver. I replaced the unit and the tractor was still running hot, about the same. I stopped mowing (not a heavy load, 5' FM) blew out, flushed out the radiator fins, all clear. No change, pull the upper hose and noticed just a trickle of water. Needing to finish I pull the complete thermostat and ran it again. Temp slowly built up the the attached pic (the inset picture is the old one). Then it maintained its position. I didn't have time to pull the uppse hose again and check for flow, but I just flushed the radiator and it was clear. But for now the radiator overflow hose is not weeping. Around here with the heat and the lack of much of a winter the thermostat isn;t as important, but I'll work on it later...
Rob