What do you want for Christmas?!?

/ What do you want for Christmas?!? #11  
Excuse my language (economics), but you should take into account the deadweight loss of giving a gift rather than cash. That deadweight loss is illustrated in this diagram from Waldfogel
http://people.exeter.ac.uk/trkaplan/issues/waldfogel.pdf.

Screenshot 2017-12-20 at 6.33.21 PM.png

Of course, as Mark Perry points out (503 Service Temporarily Unavailable), thinking like an economist didn't work out so well for Jerry Seinfeld.;)

Steve

/ What do you want for Christmas?!? #12  
Work gloves and work socks are good inexpensive gifts. Most of us men are hard to shop for because if we NEED something we will buy it. But gloves and socks are "consumables". And they should bring up fond memories of you whenever they are worn.

/ What do you want for Christmas?!? #13  
I just got my Christmas present delivered today. A Kubota MX 5100 HST

/ What do you want for Christmas?!? #14  
Oh yeah, most blokes have a 'uniform'... we mostly wear the same things day-in, day-out. Which means that they get worn out but we don't get rid of them.

SWMBO threw out my drab olive jumper, it was baggy and had a few (well, a lot) of holes but I loved that jumper, she objected to it because I would wear it when I went out, I still think she was unreasonable.
My kids always buy me single malt, SWMBO buys chocolate which I can't understand as I don't like it, she did buy me a belt from our local saddle maker, cost a heap but it is very plain and very nicely made.
I don't subscribe to magazines any more as any info I want I get from the net but something like a car detail would go nicely (is that what you call it in the USA?).
Daughters bought me a horse one year, 17hh warmblood, lovely gentle beast he was but sadly died after 6 years and I don't ride anymore.

/ What do you want for Christmas?!? #15  
10 get out of jail cards!

At least for me that should cover me for a year for mistakes, I make in a relationship.

/ What do you want for Christmas?!? #16  
My flannel lined pants I got for Christmas a few years ago are great. I've got several pairs now and they're all I'll wear if it's below 30F degrees. Saw blades and measuring instruments are nice. Good socks are nice. Gloves don't last long so that's not bad either. I don't like gift cards. I forgot I have them.

/ What do you want for Christmas?!? #17  
You said in another post the bf likes to work on his jeep and what I can tell your pretty verse in tools yourself. Cordless impact driver or something he doesn't have. Your dad probably just wants his belly full and his daughter to be happy. Me I want a skid steer to play with and a big truck to drive. Lol marry Christmas.

/ What do you want for Christmas?!? #18  
What ever they like get the really nice version. If he drinks bourbon go find a really nice one.

If he likes a good steak take him out to the fancy steak place etc.

For the most part guys just buy what they need but they don稚 splurge on the nice stuff.

/ What do you want for Christmas?!? #19  
My cordless impact is the best thing ever. My cordless sawzall is nice but pretty much only useful for demolition. I use my cordless grinder more than I would have thought. Does your BF have the basis tools covered? A nice 1/4 and 3/8 drive ratchet is nice. My most commonly used ratchets are my long handle Proto ones.

/ What do you want for Christmas?!? #20  
I always consider a good gift is something that I want, but I don't need. Think of some sort of accessory. For me, that might be a hunting accessory, such as binoculars, a rangefinder, fancy hunting clothes.

If he likes his jeep, maybe a nice radio, or some really cool tires or rims for the jeep.

Like I said, something they want but don't really need.